This was removed by the employer on 1/24/2022 1:15:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Production Manager jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Production Manager postings
Full Time Job
Production Manager - WB Animation
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Warner Bros. Animation Inc. seeks a Production Manager for the Velma department.
Responsible for monitoring and tracking artwork and approvals on a daily basis, and reports progress to Associate Producer. Organizes all pre-production artwork for shipping to overseas studios.
• In partnership with the Line Producer establish and maintain the production schedule and Smartsheet report updates on a weekly basis. Communicate with Producers, Directors, Artists and APMs to ensure production schedule is met. With the Line Producer, translate the Master Schedule into departmental micro-schedules. Monitor daily progress and report variances to Line Producer. Identify and elevate areas of appropriate concern to the Producer.
• Collaborate with the Line Producer in tracking all costs to ensure the production stays within the budget. Communicate and troubleshoot budget problems with the Producers and Production Executives.
• Supervise the preparation of pre-production materials for shipping. Directly manage the APMs and other production staff to ensure materials are prepped, QC'd and ready to be sent overseas. Notify Line Producer of any delays ahead of time.
• Trains APM's to make sure they are clear on WBA processes and protocols. With the LP, manages APM's and establishes their responsibilities on the show.
• Assist the Line Producer with performance reviews to provide crew with clear feedback and help develop growth plans.
• Creates show specific on-boarding systems for all new hires.
• May run Production Management meetings as requested by the Line Producer.
• Work with the Line Producer to manage the Breakdown analysis process:
• Oversee the evaluation of scripts and animatics
• Generate and distribute reports
• Ensure shipped episodes are on target with scope.
• Handle the freelance hiring and paperwork. Negotiate deals with artists the producer has chosen. If using artists from other shows, seek approval for their use from their corresponding Production Manager. Discuss with Producers and Directors when freelance work is needed.
• Work with Line Producer to create test materials for artists. Handle test assignments through completion.
• With LP and APMs, create show specific pipelines and translate into Shotgun review processes. Create and maintain process docs for the show.
• Responsible for overseeing all APM data management in Shotgun – check that all materials are being correctly captured, and that all relevant data is accurate.
• Manage, motivate and create an environment that's conducive to achieving deadlines as well as artistic achievement. Foster a team culture of collaboration, clear and open communication where mistakes are an opportunity for growth.
• With Line Producer, assist Post Production Producer(s) and Supervisor(s) with the post/retake processes set up. Track and monitor retake budget and post schedule.
• With Line Producer, develop strong relationship with partner studios to ensure daily communication runs smoothly, troubleshoot issues and foresee and avoid potential delays.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
• 3-5 years previous work experience in Animation production or equivalent production experience. Experience with shot production, lighting, compositing, and color styling.
• Trade school degree or certification; Bachelor's degree in related field; or equivalent work experience.
• Strong knowledge of Animation workflow processes.
• Computer skills required: Microsoft Word, Excel, Shotgun
• Computer skills preferred: Photoshop, Toon Boom, Adobe Acrobat
• Must have ability to adapt to changing software applications.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with production team including Producers, Directors and artists via written and verbally.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to details.
• Must understand oral and written instruction.
• Must have the ability to organize, schedule, and delegate work effectively.
• Must be pro-active and be an effective problem solver.
• Must have ability to lead with a positive attitude and encourage collaboration.
• Ability to manage time and balance priorities amid the pressures of busy, deadline-driven production.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.