Full Time Job
Production Manager, Hockey
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Turner Sports is the team that delivers sports broadcasts to the WarnerMedia networks like TBS, TNT, and truTV. We are also responsible for operating sites like NCAA.com, NBA.com, and ELEAGUE.com.
This year, Turner Sports and National Hockey League announced a seven-year multimedia rights agreement beginning with the 2021-22 season. Fans will be able to enjoy the Stanley Cup Final and Stanley Cup Playoffs on TNT and TBS for the first time, along with 72 regular season games and the NHL Winter Classic each season. With this new partnership, Turner Sports and Bleacher Report will continue to provide premium content across multiple screens for fans to enjoy.
The Production Manager will be in a leadership role in the Production department of Turner Sports. This role is pivotal in developing the production foundation for our live remote broadcasts while acting as the main communication core and ensuring the remote production team is collectively moving in the same direction.
• Production management oversight of live programming as it relates to Turner Sports linear remote game coverage
• Main point of contact for remote communication across NHL games and secondary point of contact for remote communication across NBA on TNT, NCAA, and MLB games
• Responsible for collaborating with all necessary departments (sales, marketing, technical, talent, creative, finance, etc.) in aggregating the information around a game production and effectively disseminating it to the larger production team
• Drive content development and strategy by building an overall production plan for all new content, includes building the initial production budget and working with creative to lay the production foundation
• Create, track, and reconcile production budgets – develop budget strategy to maximize spending and explore opportunities to save or move money to more impactful production areas
• Inform production of logistical opportunities and/or limitations as it relates to remote broadcasts
• Drive communication with venues and league contacts on needs/requests for remote broadcasts
• Immerse with the line production teams during the majority of our live broadcasts to identify any pain points or opportunities for development – requires consistently working unconventional hours and traveling when there's a business needs – travel does fluctuate based on content and associated planning meetings
• Manage hiring above-the-line freelancers for Turner Sports remote productions
• Manage partnership with Remote Operations and Technical Operations teams as it relates to operational needs on site, including crewing, logistics, equipment rentals, catering, miscellaneous rentals – strategically address crewing issues with production
• Oversee event logistics – credentials, above-the-line travel, green room needs, technical schedule, etc.
• Create and distribute remote studio production/technical information for each event
• 7 years of experience in live broadcast within the sports and/or entertainment industries with a solid understanding of the key components to a live production
• Demonstrates critical thinking and ability to build strategy around Turner Sports current and new productions; proven track record collaborating with creative teams
• Strong organizational skills and an interest in pulling together the pieces to create a clear and concise plan
• Understands the importance of cultivating and developing growth within the team
• Flexibility to work unconventional hours and travel frequently
• Position is full-time and based in Atlanta
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.