Production Designer, CNN Design
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our storyWe are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Production Designer is proficient in many aspects of television and studio production (ideation, design, animation, presentation, delivery, execution). The position is responsible for delivering timely, engaging and objective design for the CNN news groups wide-reaching audience. The position requires working internally with CNN's design team and externally with clients and editorial partners. Proficiency in the full Adobe suite is required with a heavy emphasis on After Effects and Photoshop. Experience with Cinema 4D, Unreal Engine and Vizrt is preferred. Broadcast experience is a must.
• Concept, design and produce still and animated graphics and other design elements as assigned by production manager
• Ensure design standards and brand guidelines are followed appropriately by using good judgment and leveraging Department Directors for council as needed
• Work effectively as a member of the production team. Meet regularly with Design Directors, Assistant Art Directors, Sr Production Designers, Production Managers and Producers to coordinate production of design elements as needed. Work with Vizrt team to ensure the consistency of design elements as applicable to projects
• Effectively manage time and resources to deliver projects and collateral assets on time and in working order
• Composite and/or direct compositing sessions as required, under intense pressure, direction and time constraints
• Motivate, train and manage other team members as directed and actively contribute to overall positive and creative atmosphere of the department
• Ensure industry lead by maintaining a working knowledge of current and emerging technologies. Provide input on new equipment purchases and willingness to beta test new platforms as needed.
• 2 years experience in television or equivalent work experience
• Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Awareness of current events
• Maintain professional standards at all times, including breaking news
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Bandwidth to see the big picture while focusing on the smallest details
• Degree from accredited art school with emphasis in graphic design or related field (motion design, visual communications, industrial design, illustration, photography) or equivalent work experience with demonstrated knowledge of graphic design.
• Software: After Effects, Cinema4D, Photoshop, Illustrator, Unreal Engine, Audition, ZBrush, Plugins: RedGiant, Boris FX, Sapphire, AE Expression, C4D Expresso, Octane Render, X-Particles, Cycle4D, etc
• Flexible schedule: Ability to work extended hours, including overnight hours and weekends as needed
• Reel is required, be prepared to highlight 2-3 case studies and specific contribution for each.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.