WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia seeks a Production Assistant for the HLN Original Series team.
The Production Assistant for the HLN Original Series team works closely with unit producers to execute projects from inception to completion. Duties include heavy research and telephone reporting, pre-interviews, and coordinating logistics for field production. The Production Assistant works closely with Producers and Associate Producers to find the best video and elements within our systems and third-party sources. The PA is responsible for all show transcriptions, as well as organizing and maintaining assets via the Grid, SharePoint, etc. This role may also include populating scripts with appropriate asset suggestions and assisting Editors throughout the project. They must work closely with rights and clearances, affiliate desk, and assignment desks to ensure the best and latest video is acquired, used and credited properly. The Production Assistant is also responsible for pitching ideas and stories. They are responsible for creating a deliverables log, and for extensive archival work on documentary projects: finding old and rare footage; doing deep research on our subjects; acting as an edit assistant as projects are put together, and extensive fact checking. This role requires a creative, curious and organized worker with great ideas and editorial focus.
• One plus years of experience in TV/news/digital production.
• Long form documentary experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Familiarity with databases such as MediaSource, MIRA, and the CNN Library is helpful.
• Proficiency with archive sources, such as Getty Images and Associated Press is helpful.
• Must demonstrate strong research skills.
• Must demonstrate strong initiative, commitment, and interpersonal skills.
• Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from Producers and Editors, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.