WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Production Assistant (CNN )
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Our StoryWe are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
WarnerMedia seeks a Production Assistant for the CNN department. In this role, you will help producers experiment, develop and create the next generation of video content.
• Work closely with editorial team to assist with all elements of production
• Assist in compiling research
• Assist with any fact checking to ensure that all content meets the quality, journalistic and legal standards of CNN
• Edit selects or cutdowns of content
• Write drafts of compelling interview descriptions, guest bios, and headlines
• Help manage workflows, calendars, and team communications
• Pitch compelling, informative, community-building, creative content
• Meet aggressive deadlines while completing high quality and on-budget work
• Partner with various internal stakeholders within the team and across the organization
• College degree or equivalent experience
• 1 years editorial and digital news environment experience
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Passion for topical news and key issues of the moment
• Understanding of diverse video formats, from live programming to storytelling
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Ability to collaborate under pressure with diverse staff, talent, and other on-air personalities
• Detail and process-oriented and capable of multitasking and coordinating many moving parts. I nherent curiosity and strong inclination for news, trending stories, and current events is critical.
• Proficiency in adobe suite, a plus Must be agile and adaptable in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.