Production Assistant, Development - CNN Audio Original Series
WarnerMediaLos Angeles, DC
This was removed by the employer on 9/13/2021 12:00:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Production Assistant, Development - CNN Audio Original Series jobs in Los Angeles-DC
Search all Production Assistant, Development - CNN Audio Original Series postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Production Assistant, Development - CNN Audio Original Series?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Los Angeles, United States - District of Columbia - Washington, United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
CNN Audio – We are your ears to the ground.
CNN Audio is creating even more ways to connect with and engage directly with our listeners. Our content takes a facts-first, immersive and authentic approach. Whether it's diving further into the biggest issues that affect the globe with some of our most celebrated anchors and reporters or looking back at a moment in history with added context, CNN Audio keeps you in the know. Our team is comprised of the best, and most passionate storytellers who cover topics across health and COVID, politics, breaking news, culture, race and equality, international affairs and more.
WarnerMedia is hiring a Production Assistant for the CNN Audio Development team. The Production Assistant of Development, Original Series will work with the development unit's executive producer, senior producer, producer, associate producer and production manager to create, develop and pilot new original podcasts for CNN. The Development Production Assistant will provide administrative and editorial support for the entire development team, managing pitches and communications with internal and external stakeholders, providing research, and managing creative assets and marketing materials.
• Help CNN's new audio development team to identify future weekly and limited-run narrative and talk podcasts that CNN should make.
• Work with Associate Producer to coordinate pitch review and response.
• Assist Executive Producer with scheduling.
• Research potential new podcasts and competitive audio landscape.
• Manage assets used to promote podcasts.
• Work with associate producer and producer to secure audio for pilots.
• Manage all transcription.
• Help prepare promotional decks for internal and external stakeholders.
• Assist other members of CNN Audio team with extra production support as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
• You must have prior audio experience, a passion for building something from the ground up, and a passion for storytelling.
• 1 years of editorial experience, preferably in an audio environment.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of podcasting and digital audio industry.
• Strong communication skills.
• Excellent teamwork and team-building skills.
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• Familiarity with PowerPoint, Google Docs and Excel.
• Highly organized with attention to detail.
• Ability to collaborate and an aptitude for thriving under pressure.
• Excited about being part of a new development unit at CNN Audio.
• The strongest candidates will also have: a deep familiarity with CNN and our current podcast catalogue; the ability to speak multiple languages; a passion for great audio storytelling; be open to experimentation within the form.
• Strong cover letter a plus!
This position reports to the Executive Producer of Development.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.