Producer, Video Programming
Full Time Job
Producer, Video Programming (CNN)
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta, United States - New York - New York
The Producer is responsible for coordinating and managing content and assignments for CNN's core owned and operated platforms including desktop web, mobile web, mobile apps, TV apps as well as third party platforms that support our video business. Producers will work with Associate Producers and senior leadership to ensure the timely and effective placement of videos and will work with global teams.
• Monitors linear television or streaming events to identify the best moments to edit and publish across platforms.
• Evaluates content pitches with an eye towards programming that prioritizes the audience.
• Writes and tests video headlines and descriptions to optimize performance.
• Covers programming for web, apps and off-platform.
• Manages daily assignments throughout their shift
• Works closely with research, audience development and business operations to grow audience and maximize revenue.
• Trains new team members on publishing and programming workflows.
• May be asked to assist or lead strategic initiatives.
• 4 years of experience working in a news production or similar environment.
• Undergraduate degree in journalism, production, news media or related field.
• Equivalent work experience in web design, journalism, and/or business may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Excellent communication skills with solid news judgment and strong headline-writing skills.
• Strong collaboration skills.
• Flexibility to deal with rapid changes in news, adapt to breaking news, and handle several tasks at once with an ability to execute during breaking news situations.
• Ability to produce and edit video for digital platforms.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere or similar editing system.
• Knowledge about video syndication and best practices for mobile video a plus.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.