Producer, News Products
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Producer, News Products - CNN Audio
Location: United States - New York - New York
CNN Audio - We are your ears to the ground
CNN Audio is creating even more ways to connect with and engage directly with our listeners. Our content takes a facts-first, immersive and authentic approach. Whether it's diving further into the biggest issues that affect the globe with some of our most celebrated anchors and reporters or looking back at a moment in history with added context, CNN Audio keeps you in the know. Our team is comprised of the best, and most passionate storytellers who cover topics across health and COVID, politics, breaking news, culture, race and equality, international affairs and more.
CNN Audio creates and distributes all audio content, including original podcast, news briefing and showcasts for CNN Worldwide.
The Producer will lead editorial and technical production of hourly short form news briefings, breaking news alerts and additional short-form content. S/he will write, voice and edit episodes, in partnership with the CNN Digital News Alerts team. S/he will fact check copy, QC audio quality, and ensure the final products meet CNN editorial standards.
• Monitor the latest CNN news updates and make editorial decisions about the top stories for each news update.
• Adapt approved copy to an audio-first presentation.
• Coordinate with CNN News Alerts team on timing of breaking news updates.
• Voice updates.
• Edit briefings in ProTools and upload to CMS.
• Coordinate with technical team on standard operating procedures for recording/editing/engineering.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
• You must be an avid news consumer with prior journalism experience, preferably in an audio newsroom.
• Passion for breaking news is critical.
• You should be detail-oriented, wildly creative, with strong editorial judgement and skills.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 5 years of editorial experience in an audio newsroom.
• Strong writing skills
• Proficiency in ProTools and audio recording.
• Strong collaboration, communication, excellent teamwork and team-building skills. Ability to thrive under pressure with diverse staff and talent.
• Flexibility with operating in a 24/7 deadline-driven environment.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.