Producer, Daily News, CNN
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
The Producer will work closely with CNN's emerging products team and create content for next-generation products, with an eye towards identifying direct-to-consumer, paid experiences. In this role you will help us experiment, ideate, develop and produce live and tape content.
• Collaborate with the editorial team to develop and create video concepts and live programs
• Pitch compelling, informative, community-building, creative content
• Book hosts, guests, and experts
• Research, write and produce content with a cohesive narrative
• Shoot and edit video stories
• Meet aggressive deadlines while completing high quality and on-budget work
• Partner closely with internal stakeholders across the organization
What You'll Need To Be Successful
Must have a strong command of news programming and be a voracious consumer of news and video content in its many forms. An ideal candidate must also have superior editorial judgment. An understanding of audience feedback and behavior, and the ability to create and develop content accordingly is necessary. Experience in digital and/or television news production is required.
• College degree or equivalent experience
• 4 years editorial and digital news environment experience
• Proven ability to develop and produce video over mobile and/or television platforms
• Passion for topical news and key issues of the moment
• Excellent writing, producing, and editing skills
• Understanding of diverse video formats, from live programming to storytelling
• Experience producing and coordinating live hits from a control room, a plus
• Ability to collaborate under pressure with diverse staff, talent, and other on-air personalities
• Quick thinker who thrives under pressure
• Creative and unafraid to share new ideas and initiatives
• Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork, and interpersonal skills
• Must be agile and adaptable in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.