Producer 1 - Morning Programming
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia seeks a Producer 1 for Morning Programming.
This producer is responsible for executing live segments, interviews and taped spots for CNN's morning show. The Producer I will lead in the control room and calmly handle breaking news situations. The producer needs strong editorial judgment to help generate compelling and creative segment ideas, and will be responsible for selecting key video, soundbites, quotes, and other information to be used as production elements. The producer will:
• Provide oversight and creation of the show rundown, building segments and developing story ideas from beginning to air.
• Write scripts, segment questions and conduct research on very tight deadlines
• Discuss segment elements and suggested questions with Anchor, Executive Producer and other show producers.
• Gather elements for segments and prepares material for air, including editing of soundbites and graphics.
• Make important editorial decisions and guides talent, writers, associate producers and the technical team.
• Must be familiar with using social media to gather information and find booking opportunities.
• 5 years producing experience.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Field production experience and control room experience are necessary.
• Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together.
• Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic are critical for the position.
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.