Principal Engine Programmer
Full Time Job
Location: London, United Kingdom
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Rocksteady Studios is an award-winning, critically acclaimed video game developer. Founded in 2004, we are home to the widely celebrated Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time. We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values. Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Rocksteady is looking for an exceptionally skilled Principal Engine Programmer to join our dedicated and collaborative team to work on our upcoming title Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.
The role primarily involves hands-on coding and giving technical direction. You'll be tackling our most difficult technical problems, making pragmatic decisions and developing effective solutions.
With a focus on technical details on the engine side, the scope of your work will extend across the entire project and you'll collaborate with code directors and leads to decide which areas need your attention.
As well as code implementation, you'll also guide content optimisation to match our target hardware, make the best trade-offs, and come up with creative solutions to produce the highest quality game experience.
• Developing engine features and game systems
• Optimisation of all aspects of the game, including runtime CPU and GPU performance, streaming, memory and build processes
• Providing technical guidance for code implementation and efficient asset construction and usage
• Improving debug tools and development workflows
• Leading by example in development best practices
• Discussing and creating plans with technical leads and producers
• A very high level of technical ability, including with C++
• Extensive professional game development experience on high quality projects
• A broad and comprehensive understanding of game engine functionality
• Deep knowledge of a wide variety of optimisation techniques
• Strongly self-directed, organised and able to prioritise effectively
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4
• Knowledge of rendering, animation and networking
• Familiarity with the latest generation of consoles
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.