PR Publicist Manager
WarnerMediaMexico City, MX
Full Time Job
Location: Mexico - Mexico City
Design and implements local publicity campaigns for HBOMax content, both international and local productions across different brands and genres, in line with the overall publicity strategy, but with local needs in focus, and in close cooperation with the Regional Publicity Manager.?The role also is responsible for the management of the local talent relations program.
The overall objective is to drive awareness and engagement of top HBOMax content offering maximizing positive exposure in the local market. Key areas of responsibility include content-driven PR (including International and Local Original Productions), media and influencer relations, talent management and digital PR.
The role will manage day-to-day press and influencers relations for content, build and maintain publicity campaigns, coordinate with internal departments including but not limited to: content, digital, social media, marketing, CRM, product, programming and original production, as well as external partners such as talent, talent managers, talent publicists, and executive producers.
• Plan and execute local campaigns in support of programming strategy, including HBO Max global titles, cross-brand shows and local Max Original launches.
• Position HBOMax LATAM Original Productions and related talent and stakeholders locally, developing an awareness of the strength and breadth of HBOMax LATAM's productions.
• Work closely with various content and publicity teams, creating and executing effective campaigns for original and library content across HBO Max.
• Work closely with the local production team to identify programming publicity opportunities.
• Participate in brainstorming meetings and help develop localized strategies and positioning of shows.
• Responsible for handling all press and influencers requests for premieres, assets, junkets, special events, and other publicity efforts.
• Write and edit publicity materials and releases.
• Manages publicity media relations, content placement, and pitch first looks, previews, trailer and asset debuts, and features to various social, influencers, broadcast, print, and online outlets.
• Manage press and social interviews and media/influencers lists; and develop relationships with key members of these groups.
• Work closely with agency to create and maintain publicity schedules, storylines, editorial leads, calendars, status reports, and documents related to project campaigns.
• Handle a variety of projects concurrently and the ability to prioritize.
• Responsible for Talent Management of HBOMax Latin America Original Productions in México.
• Responsible for assisting local internal teams with talent-related requests.
• Handles monitoring, collecting and evaluating of publicity campaigns.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• 7 years publicity experience in a studio, network, agency or publicity firm
• Bachelor's degree and/or relevant experience; MBA a plus
• Extensive experience developing and driving PR & publicity campaigns comms in México.
• Must have excellent communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with the media.
• Good organizational and follow up skills required.
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
• Position requires strong writing and pitching skills and the ability to place stories within consumer and trade press.
• Fluency in English, Spanish is essential. Portuguese as additional language is preferred.
• Demonstrated expertise in building and maintaining a wide strong network of media contacts and influencers
• A genuine, enthusiastic and passionate fan of HBOMax with excitement for our content and product Experience of influencing and communicating brilliantly across cross-functional and matrixed organizations at all levels.
• Able to be a top contributor to a team culture that breaks the mold, fueled by innovation & creativity in a fast-paced environment, with positive & transparent collaboration.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.