Post Production Supervisor
Full Time Job
Post Production Supervisor, CNN (Video Ops)
Location: United States - New York - Remote
WarnerMedia seeks a Post Production Supervisor for the Video Ops department. The Postproduction Supervisor at CNN Digital is a crucial post production, technology, and organizational role that enables production teams inside and outside CNN to edit and deliver content smoothly and on schedule. On a day-to-day basis, this position, reporting to the Senior Manager of Post Production Operations for CNN Digital, will ensure that new business needs and their associated post production and delivery workflows are being handled effectively – while proactively identifying problems to creative stakeholders and working through solutions with them, and the entire Digital Operations team, in a clear and relatable way. This requires a deep knowledge of and passion for post, combined with strong attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced news and documentary production environment. This is currently a remote position, but a New York based candidate is preferred.
• Be in sync with the Postproduction Operations team on all priorities including mapping out new workflows, edit schedules, resource availability, delivery needs, and solving technical problems. You will be expected to own your responsibilities as assigned and come back for more.
• Work closely with the editors and producers we support to make sure they have what they need throughout the edit and delivery process and improve their experience wherever possible.
• Interface with vendors and external production companies around assets and deliverables.
• Maintain workflows and technical standards across all teams and processes using in-depth preparation, clear communication, and careful persuasion.
• Schedule, track, troubleshoot, and coordinate projects as they move through post.
• 5 years' experience in postproduction environments. Must show some experience in an organizational or management capacity ex: Post Supervisor, Post Coordinator, Lead Editor
• Strong technical and creative understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro and Media Encoder. Experience with Adobe After Effects and DaVinci Resolve a plus.
• Experience with and understanding of technical video standards and the engineering behind them ex: color grading, color space, 5.1 audio mix, loudness measurement, etc.
• Experience with digital asset management systems, deliverables, and/or quality control a plus.
• Proven ability to organize, document, and communicate technical workflows in an engaging way.
• Prior work in a fast-paced news, sports, or documentary content creation environment.
• Ability to work nights and weekends if needed to support postproduction.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.