Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Remote
CNN Digital seeks a Photo Editor for the CNN Viz Photo department.
• You will create photo essays and galleries for breaking news and feature stories.
• You will select the best images on a story to lead the CNN Digital website.
• You will write captions and headlines on photo essays and galleries and be able to produce packages for online consumption.
• You will produce daily and long-term projects in support of all CNN Digital.
• You will pitch creative and thoughtful photo coverage ideas, working in tandem with the global digital news desks as well as the programming, social, design and interactive teams.
• You will pinpoint unusual and trending stories and find ways to illustrate them.
• You will produce photo loops, photo splits and be able to do screen grabs from live satellite feeds.
• In a fast-paced news environment, you will act as quality control on images that are graphic or raise a red flag, especially coming from third parties that require deep vetting and discussion.
• You will work with CNN's Rights and Clearances team to ensure that images coming from third-party sources are licensed properly.
• Four or more years of photo-editing experience in a newsroom.
• A solid news background with an understanding of a variety of themes, including politics, business, international news, entertainment and sports.
• Extremely strong news judgment and an ability to work in a fast-paced news environment.
• Experience working at a digital news platform or a news photo agency preferred.
• Knowledge of emerging and established photographers and photo agencies around the world preferred.
• Interest in the photojournalism industry and its trends.
• Knowledge of AP style.
• Experience with content management systems, Abobe Photoshop and PhotoMechanic.
• Experience with Adobe Premier and Illustrator are a big plus.
• Familiarity with SEO and web analytics are a bonus.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.