HBO MaxBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Delivering first-in-class content in the best and most engaging ways possible while equipping our people to do so requires an incredible amount of talent… and technology. The technology and operations group covers things like the company's data strategy, content delivery systems, master control operations, broadcast engineering, advertising technology, and the technology platform for HBO Max, while also supporting the everyday underpinnings of our company. Join our community of extraordinary team members who are truly building the tools that will run the future of entertainment.
Join us. Shape your story here.
It is an exciting time at WarnerMedia. We are seeking a Payroll Supervisor for the HR Services Payroll department who will be instrumental in managing and overseeing successful day to day payroll service delivery. This individual should be experienced in high volume, multi-state payroll with knowledge of payroll regulatory compliance across all states in which employees reside, including US and expatriate employees, and experience with payroll processing for multiple legal entities. This position will be responsible for ensuring the required pay inputs, processing tasks, and outputs are processed timely to produce paychecks for employees. This position will lead the Payroll team to complete and settle payroll timely and according to policy and regulatory standards. In addition, this individual will identify, troubleshoot, and assist with resolution to errors that may occur. Lastly, this individual will interact with management, vendors, and related business units to manage the proper response to inquiries and audits.
• Manage the day to day operations of the U.S. payroll function servicing over 20,000 employees and 50 legal entities.
• Lead a team of payroll professionals in payroll related activities based on the defined payroll processing schedule for each pay group, ensuring timely close of payroll and coverage for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and holiday processing requirements.
• Adhere to daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and annual deadlines for payroll processing and reporting requirements (e.g., tax deposit and tax filings, ACH deadlines).
• Oversee payroll activities in Workbrain Online Time and Attendance (OTA), Workday Time Tracking, and Workday Payroll systems.
• Ensure that pay inputs are accurately manually entered or loaded using Workday Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB), and audits are completed to check employees are paid correctly.
• Resolve issues related to calculation of pay for union employees according to collective bargaining agreements, all employees according to company policy and legislative requirements, and resolve questions on taxes, garnishments, imputed income, pension, or benefit deductions, etc.
• Perform data analysis by running reports, and using Excel functionality (vlookups, index match, pivot tables).
• Provide exceptional customer service by ensuring service level agreements (SLAs) are met, all inquiries are answered, and all requests are processed in a timely manner.
• Provide resolution to escalated operational or policy issues.
• Confirm required controls are validated and cleared as part of routine payroll processing (e.g., audit reports); raise any exceptions or discrepancies as related to application and business controls to management
• Support internal audits of various payroll areas and preparing materials for external and internal auditors.
• Troubleshoot any issues that must be cleared to close payroll on time. Assess and prioritize processing requirements and decide when to move forward with processing or when to stop.
• Understand interdependencies of inbound and outbound integrations and how payroll processing is impacted by errors or delays. Manage processing schedule according to these interdependencies. Coordinate with Technology to launch integrations and/or resolve integration issues.
• Provide status reports to key stakeholders and participate in meetings as appropriate
• Identify and execute ways to improve operational processes in the spirit of continuous improvement.
• Ensure appropriate documentation for operational process and procedures are in place and adhered to as part of operations (e.g., processing schedule, checklist, DTPs). Administer employee trainings on payroll policies and usage of payroll related systems.
• Participate in testing of payroll system or process changes and enhancements.
• Partner with key players and decision makers for payroll processing both inside and outside WarnerMedia to effectively operate payroll including key constituents who deliver payroll input (like HR, Finance, residuals group, T&E) and those who make decisions on how to proceed if significant issues in payroll arise.
• Coach and mentor staff to ensure each person excels individually and as a team with a focus on customer service and operational excellence.
• Support other projects and activities, as defined by senior leadership and/or enterprise activities, as directed and required
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or a related field or equivalent combination of work experience required.
• CPP or FPC certification preferred.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in payroll operations required.
• Minimum 2 years of experience with Workday HR/payroll or other SaaS payroll engine required.
• Experience with Workday, SAP, or PeopleSoft required
• Understanding of federal and state regulations related to salaries, wages, taxes, benefits, and other payroll related matters required.
• Experience with Workday HR/payroll integration and mass data uploads (EIB) preferred.
• Understanding of Motion Picture collective bargaining agreements and union pension health and welfare preferred
• Previous experience in a confidential business environment strongly preferred.
• Experience with a large multi-business unit organization is a plus.
• Experience working in a shared services organization is a plus.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel
• Must be able to organize, prioritize and schedule work effectively.
• Must be able to work well under time constraints.
• Must have excellent analytical skills.
• Must have excellent attention to details.
• Must be a self-starter and a team player.
• Must be able to handle a high volume in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to manage confidential payroll information and uphold the required security restrictions related to confidential pay details.
• Advanced proficiency with MS Excel required.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.