Newsgathering Producer, National Assignment Desk
WarnerMediaLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/21/2021 11:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Newsgathering Producer, National Assignment Desk jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Newsgathering Producer, National Assignment Desk postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Newsgathering Producer, National Assignment Desk?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Los Angeles, United States - District of Columbia - Washington, United States - Georgia - Atlanta, United States - Illinois - Chicago, United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our storyWe are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN seeks a Newsgathering Producer, Social Video for the National Assignment Desk. CNN Newsgathering producers will execute newsgathering through social discovery of stories for all CNN Platforms. The Newsgathering Producer finds, acquires, surfaces and vets digital and social video material for CNN use. The position is responsible for working across the network on breaking news stories and obtaining and vetting video content produced by social media users and videos released publicly by governmental organizations.
• Generates news leads via new media platforms, possessing good judgment to evaluate engaging stories shared via social media, along with other facets of newsgathering.
• Leverages social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to drive audience engagement, traffic.
• Responsible for continuing to drive our coverage both on-air and online therefore must have a strong understanding of social media, vetting third party material and utilizing these and other social and digital resources in delivering the news to our viewers/readers
• Facilitate and lead the vetting process with CNN partners in Legal, Standards & Practices and editorial research.
• Well-versed in public records searches and creative in finding solutions to reporting obstacles
• Communicates with managers, bureaus and news teams keeping them abreast of developing story opportunities, breaking news, and other changes
• Leverage the real-time internet for news and information leads
• Responsible for reviewing publicly released videos and sharing the most important, reportable information across the CNN platforms
• 4-6 years of Newsroom experience or related news media field.
• Strong writing and research skills, proven editorial judgment
• Proficient in use of the web/internet, have strong social media newsgathering skills along with a working knowledge of news media legal issues.
• Strong newsgathering, social verification and editing skills, fluency in social publishing and analytics.
• Newsgathering experience in traditional and digital/social
• Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, writing skills, organization skills, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic
• Undergraduate degree in journalism/related field or commensurate experience is required.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.