WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Temporary News Assistant
storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN,
DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The news assistant is an integral part of the newsroom and the assignment desk. In this role, the news assistant is responsible for newsgathering for all CNN platforms including television and digital.
• There is a strong emphasis on writing and collaborating with our team of editors and managers.
• Clear, concise dissemination of information is a necessity.
• The news assistant will be tasked will making calls and combing through social media during breaking news as well as enterprise reporting.
• Logging news conferences, transcribing interviews and scouring the CNN library and affiliates for video elements are also essential tasks.
• Candidate should have experience conducting interviews as well as writing.
• In this position, you should contribute daily story pitch ideas and be proficient with detailed notes and organization.
• It is critical that the candidate be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment where accuracy is paramount.
• BA/BS in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
• Some field work may be included in this position.
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers 2018
• Best Company for Dads An in-house learning and development team
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.