New Media Designer, CNN
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our storyWe are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
WarnerMedia seeks a New Media Designer for the CNN Design department. The New Media Designer is responsible for software architecture, integration, operations/engineering support, development in new software (u-touch/magic wall), as well as some of their typical design abilities. This position will work in conjunction with the New Media Producers/Magic Wall team as well as Viz operations support.
Develop design concepts and see projects through to completion and implementation on multiple platforms. This regularly includes the creation of innovative user interface solutions as well as testing and continued support for the created real-time graphics systems.Effectively communicate with Art Directors and Producers to coordinate production and distribution of design elements.Coordinate efforts with personnel in Editorial, Broadcast Operations, and Engineering on the delivery, implementation and quality control of new products and workflows. Develop unique scripting solutions for the Vizrt design and playout environments as well as the Design Vizrt infrastructure. Explore the integration of new technologies with animation, motion graphics, and graphic design to support journalism and deliver innovative and engaging content. Troubleshoot and diagnose application and system-related issues and bugs. Quality control of on-air graphics. Custom coding to expedite process Assist in managing and organizing assets within the Vizrt folder structure. Help team members learn and grow
• 4 years of television production, or equivalent work history, with extensive experience supporting live and in-studio regular programming.
• Degree from accredited art program with emphasis in graphic design, web design, illustration, 3d animation, visual communications or related field, or equivalent work experience with a demonstrated knowledge of graphic design.
• Completed coursework in computer science is beneficial.
• VizArtist Knowledge base: Template Wizard, Director, Viz Trio, Viz Ticker Client, Object Store, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Suite.
• To be flexible with schedule, be ready to make quick adjustments to both graphics and template.
• Good communications skills with producers, design team and other coworkers is essential to meet scheduled deadlines.
• Be open to critiques and constructive criticism.
• To share a unique curiosity and enthusiasm for broadcast design, and the news in general, with work colleagues.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.