WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Motion Designer (CNN)
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Our StoryWe are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
WarnerMedia seeks a Motion Graphics Designer for the CNN department. The Motion Graphics Designer is responsible for providing hands on design and animation for our video and broadcast-based projects. Working alongside our Senior Motion Designers and Creative Director, they help design and execute visual identities and animated storytelling across our slate of programming. The motion designer maintains high visual standards, and a strong attention to detail, client, audience, story, and context. Assigned to support strategic, complex projects, bringing new ideas, and challenging our approaches.
• Help design and build show identities and graphics packages, from show opens, transitions, backgrounds, to set and scenic design.
• Responsible for the day-to-day look and consistency of motion graphic storytelling, communicating the vision set out by the Senior Designers and Creative Director to the broader set of editorial partners within the organization.
• Collaborate across teams across the organization to conceptualize daily, series, and franchise visual storytelling in video, broadcast, social and other contexts.
• The ideal candidate must have a strong design sensibility, experience in a deadline driven environment, technical skills with digital graphics and animations and the ability to handle larger and more complex projects.
• A proven track-record of communicating a creative vision to multiple stakeholders and disciplines is a must.
• Must have sound editorial news judgment, an awareness of current business and industry trends, the ability to produce broadcast quality graphics and interactives quickly and efficiently, strong communication skills, excellent teamwork, and team-building skills.
• 3-5 years of experience creating and developing graphics.
• Experience working knowledge of video, animation, and interactive software, including but not limited to Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.