Full Time Job
Temporary Motion Designer
Location: United States - New York - Remote
CNN Motion We are CNN. The world's most essential and engaging source of digital news. The way we tell stories is just as important as the stories themselves. Whether it's breaking news, investigative journalism, or enterprise storytelling, our visual journalism breaks down stories for audiences in unique and interesting ways. Our global reach and diversity of approaches allow us to better inform our audiences, with award-winning visual experiences both on and off-platform.
WarnerMedia seeks a Motion Designer for the VOD Content department.
The Motion Graphics Designer provides hands on design and animation for our video and broadcast based projects.. Working alongside our Senior Motion Designers and Creative Director, they help design and execute visual identities and animated storytelling across our slate of programming. The motion designer maintains high visual standards, and a strong attention to detail, client, audience, story, and context. Assigned to support strategic, complex projects, bringing new ideas, and challenging our approaches.
• Help design and build show identities and graphics packages, from show opens, transitions, backgrounds, to set and scenic design.
• Responsible for the day-to-day look and consistency of motion graphic storytelling, communicating the vision set out by the Senior Designers and Creative Director to the broader set of editorial partners within the organization.
• Collaborate across teams across the organization to conceptualize daily, series, and franchise visual storytelling in video, broadcast, social and other contexts.
• The ideal candidate must have a strong design sensibility, experience in a deadline driven environment, technical skills with digital graphics and animations and the ability to handle larger and more complex projects.
• A proven track-record of communicating a creative vision to multiple stakeholders and disciplines is a must.
• Must have sound editorial news judgment, an awareness of current business and industry trends, the ability to produce broadcast quality graphics and interactives quickly and efficiently, strong communication skills, excellent teamwork and team-building skills.
• 3-5 years of experience creating and developing graphics.
• Experience working knowledge of video, animation, and interactive software, including but not limited to Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN!
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.