This was removed by the employer on 7/23/2021 9:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Metadata Specialist jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Metadata Specialist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Metadata Specialist?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia seeks a Metadata Specialist for the Content Administration department.
Reporting to the Director of Metadata Services, the Metadata Specialist is responsible for the development, maintenance and deployment of Warner Media's content metadata standards and requirements across its business units. This role acts as a lead liaison and subject matter expert to content supply-chain stakeholders for all metadata related issues. Working closely with Warner Media's brands and business representatives, this role is responsible for ensuring that all required content metadata is accurately prepared to successfully facilitate the delivery of program media to all of Warner Media's distribution points. This role is also responsible for the tracking of program schedule dates to ensure all required metadata is completed within scheduling deadlines. The Metadata Specialist also works closely with software developers, content supply-chain architects and technology teams to improve metadata processes and systems to meet changing data requirements of enterprise business initiatives, including HBO Max. This role partners with and supports brand and technology units in the development and implementation of controlled vocabularies and global metadata taxonomies. Trains and monitors the work of departmental Metadata Analysts, ensuring consistency and accuracy of content title and descriptive metadata, including tagging and content annotation. Works closely with 3rd party content providers to ensure metadata standards and submission guidelines are met. The Metadata Specialist is a key contributor to the overall development and communication of metadata initiatives. This position requires a strong working knowledge of deadline driven project management, current data technologies and asset annotation systems.
• Troubleshoots, and problem solves metadata related issues, working closely with business units on developing the necessary system fixes and enhancements. Works with clients and stakeholders to ensure that titles and content metadata meet the needs of the business within the required timelines. Delegates and oversees the work of Metadata Analysts to ensure that best practices are followed in the daily operation of creating titles and descriptive metadata. Handles metadata updates, additions and adjustments that are beyond the scope of the Metadata Analyst. Creates descriptive metadata on an as-needed basis.
• Regularly attends network programming and operational meetings. Works with 3rd party content providers to ensure metadata onboarding standards and guidelines are met. Trains the Metadata Analyst and other users of the Warner Media metadata systems. Creates and distributes departmental operational documentation. Assists in the gathering and reporting of departmental statistics and metrics. Creates departmental reports, detailing operational status of regular responsibilities and assigned projects.
• Creates controlled vocabularies and metadata standards for enterprise business units. Works with systems development teams on requirements and enhancements, performing regular user acceptance testing.
• 2 years as Metadata Services Metadata Analyst.
• 2 years' experience at Warner Media with a working knowledge of Titles and/or Content Description applications or other metadata systems.
• 3 years' experience in a corporate media library, academic media library, data governance or asset management.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
• Master's degree in Library and Information Sciences, related field or technical discipline equivalent.
• Demonstrated ability to work with databases and/or asset annotation systems. Familiarity with metadata governance desired.
• Experience creating or updating data and schema model's that support metadata management desired.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.