Full Time Job
Media Manager (CNN )
Location: United States - New York - Remote
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
WarnerMedia seeks a Media Manager for the CNN department.
The Media Manager is involved in mission critical postproduction workflows that drive content creation for our editorial teams. Processes like ingest, transcoding, metadata tagging, archiving, and preparation of all media assets, using CNN Digital's MAM are part of the Media Manager's core responsibilities. This person will be responsible for understanding the entire media production life cycle and will work closely with producers, editors, operations, and technology teams. This role will help build workflows and be an essential part of the content creation process while building best in class media management workflows that set standards for the whole organization. From short to long-form this person will be across all types of content and should be very familiar with camera original media, production codecs, UHD, SDR, and HDR formats. Preservation of the content as part of our Digital Library will be another key part of the role. We are looking for highly organized, detail driven production technologists who can anticipate workflows and editorial needs in a quick turn, news driven environment.
• Work with technical and editorial staff to develop and implement improvements to our asset management workflows
• Manage ingest of a high volume of assets, applying valuable metadata and origination
• Administration of our MAM – user training, account management, metadata administration
• Work with engineering staff to support important workflow tools
• Minor editing/delivery of assets via Adobe Premiere
• Administration of Amazon S3 buckets
Must be detail and process-oriented and capable of multitasking and coordinating many moving parts. I nherent curiosity and strong inclination for news, trending stories, and current events is critical.
• 4-5 years of experience in a video/post-production environment
• Bachelor's, technical degree, or equivalent work experience
• Experience working with a MAM in a post-production environment
• Experience with metadata input and management
• Experience with large sensor cinema cameras and WCG/HDR recording
• Deep understanding of media files, including, industry standard formats, codecs, wrappers, etc.
• Experience working on and managing shared file systems (NASs, SANs,, ETC)
• Intermediate (or above) user of Adobe Premiere
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, for both Mac OS and Windows (Linux a plus)
• Familiarity transferring projects from NLE to NLE and preparing them for post production
• Experience supporting post-production staff
• Experience troubleshooting video transcode pipelines
• Ability to multitask and prioritize long-term projects and day-to-day needs.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills and ability to multitask across projects
• Producing/editing experience in newsroom is a plus
• AWS Management experience a plus
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.