Media Coordinator - Dc - Creative Services, CNN
Full Time Job
Location: United States - District of Columbia - Washington
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our storyWe are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
DC Media Coordinators work closely with the newsgathering and edit teams by logging events and flagging the most important moments from hearings, briefings, press conferences, etc. They are often the first set of eyes and ears on breaking news feeds from the White House, Capitol Hill, and the Pentagon. They make sure the right soundbites and video are flagged and shared with correspondents, producers, and editors so that critical information can get on-air and online.
• Monitor and assess the editorial and technical components of video, transcribing key soundbites and highlighting compelling visuals for production.
• Research video elements to compile font, dateline, source, content and other relevant metadata and enter that into the permanent record.
• Review produced material prior to air to ensure technical and editorial accuracy.
• Coordinate with Assignment Editors, Beat Leaders, Producers, Video Editors and Correspondents on the best moments from each news event.
• Use speech-to-text and automated speech recognition software to create rough logs of events.
• Assist package producers and editors with gathering, logging, and selecting material from the video archive and transferring it to the edit project.
• Track information around daily edit projects.
• Assist with various edit duties as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related discipline or equivalent in experience.
• Strong news awareness & journalistic integrity
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced 24/7/365 newsroom.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.