Media Apprentice, Image Sound
This was removed by the employer on 4/20/2021 12:47:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Media Apprentice, Image Sound jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Media Apprentice, Image Sound postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Media Apprentice, Image Sound? Media Apprentice, Image Sound (CNN)
Join CNN's inclusive Image Sound team! In Image Sound we succeed together. The Media Apprentice is part of Image Sound's Production Services unit. Production Services provides 24/7 production and editorial expertise to support CNN's storytelling.
WarnerMedia seeks a Media Apprentice for the Production Technology department.
As a member of Production Services, you will have opportunities to grow your career and be a member of a high performing team that delivers quality journalism for CNN Worldwide, and contribute to its inclusive and successful work environment.
Media Apprentices will be selected to receive a one-year hands-on learning experience while working with some of the best in the industry and in support of WarnerMedia's leading brands.
The Image Sound Media Apprentice is in tune with the stories of the day and reacts to incoming requests to record content in the desired city (DC, NY, ATL & LA). Our team is agile – moving fast during breaking news while adhering to the highest editorial standards. With the nonstop news cycle Media Apprentices will strictly look at incoming requests to be recorded domestically. I S Media Apprentices communicate regularly with partners and colleagues to keep meeting the business needs of CNN.
• Scheduling content to be recorded in NewsApps Record (MIDAS) in a timely manner.
• Completing metadata records accurately for each asset for improved user search across CNN Worldwide.
• Receiving requests in a multitude of ways including applications (iNews, Slack, ShowMGR), emails, and newsgathering desk alerts.
• Confirming that files are being recorded correctly receiving audio, video, and keyframes.
• Processing image requests for CNN Images using Rights & Clearances as a guide, then tagging each photo with keywords and usage rights as requested.
• Communicating professionally with others.
• Collaborating regularly with I S Production Technology teams.
• Escalating issues to other team members and management when they arise.
• Working in a fast-paced 24/7/365 environment.
• Bachelor's degree (typically in liberal arts such as journalism, English, political science) or similar demonstrated on the job experience.
• One (1) year of editorial experience in news or video production and a solid news awareness required.
• Effective written and oral communication skills this includes the ability to analyze and communicate editorial details as it specifically applies to video.
• Ability to successfully work under deadline pressure and in a team effectively even with those you may not ever meet in person.
• A strong curiosity for current and historic events.
• A motivation to grow and adapt to a rapidly changing business.
• Command of the English language. Other language skills are also highly valued, especially Spanish.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a remote world via applications like Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Webex.
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook.
• Ability to remain focused for long periods of time.
• Agility in work environment. The I S Media Apprentice may at times work in an open workspace environment, or remotely via a company provided laptop. Image Sound Media Apprentice follows CDC recommendations as they relate to workspace environments. As recommendations change, the work environment may also change.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.