Marketing Partnerships Manager, CNN
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta, United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Our StoryCNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
The Manager, Marketing Partnerships will be responsible for managing the planning and on-going full-funnel marketing strategy and execution across key distribution platform partners (Connected TV OEMs, Game Consoles, Mobile Operators, etc.). This is a cross-functional role that partners across various teams including Strategy, Business Development, Product, Finance and Operations.
• Oversee partnerships within a broader Acquisition pod to develop a cohesive customer view, design partner-oriented tests and surface partnership opportunities in prioritizing campaigns and reaching new audiences
• Work with partners and internal growth teams to build marketing programs that identify and delight specific audience segments, viewing behaviors, and product features specific to each partner; accountable for campaign development, approvals, and performance tracking
• In partnership with Business Development, own the marketing relationship with connected device partnerships (e.g. Streaming Media Devices, Connected TV, etc.) to drive innovative co-marketing opportunities for CNN
• Partner with Business Development to bring partnerships to life, including requirements gathering, partner integration and building a launch marketing plan
• Identify mutually beneficial marketing opportunities with partners to further scale and optimize partnerships beyond launch with a focus on driving customer acquisition and engagement.
• Establish, implement, and measure the effectiveness of partner campaigns that drive awareness for subscriber acquisition, engagement, and retention
• Define top performing metrics, identify KPIs, and deliver a plan to optimize campaigns and set roadmaps against these metrics
• 5 years of experience in partnerships or account marketing role
• Experience working at or with major Telco/MVPDs, OEMs and Mobile Operators
• Solid marketing and brand experience within news, media or entertainment industry
• Experience developing co-marketing or integrated marketing campaigns
• Experience coordinating promotional marketing assets and approvals
• OTT/CTV media environment experience strongly preferred
• Advanced knowledge of elements to launch partnerships: proposition development, marketing channels, commercial models, operational mechanics
• Highly strategic and experienced in leading cross-functional teams to orchestrate, collaborate, and successfully seize opportunities
• Analytical skills, with the ability to build business cases, analyze data, and support finance in their reporting
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to manage, influence and build relationships with stakeholders internally and externally
• Sound business judgment and ability to address partner-related requirements and motivate internal and external stakeholders to work towards a common goal
• Organized and structured, ability to deliver on plans and forecasts on time
• Collaborative, agile and comfortable working within a fast-paced growth environment
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.