Manager, Strategic Initiatives
This was removed by the employer on 8/4/2021 6:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Strategic Initiatives jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Manager, Strategic Initiatives postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Strategic Initiatives?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta, United States - New York - New York
The Strategic Initiatives team is responsible for the agile cross functional project management of strategic initiatives tied to business expansion, growth, and the needed cultural evolution required to support both. This function leads and guides cross functional and tiger teams to address business priorities and drives the adoption of new operating models. In addition, this team will implement CNN Digital OKRs (Objectives and Key Results), communicate and drive decision making around data, and is responsible for all CNN Digital global operational communications, presentations, business reviews, leadership initiatives and employee forums tied to our operating cadence. The discipline this function brings to the way CNN Digital gathers, informs, and identifies needs, poses solutions, makes decisions and executes solutions is critical to CNN Digital's optimization. This Manager, Strategic Initiatives, will work to support the operationalizing of this strategy, and to ensure strategic alignment across the organization writ-large.
• This role ensures systemic alignment among all teams and work being done in pursuit of the organization's business strategy, with a heavy focus on areas of intersection, dependency, and horizontal program management.
• This role requires deep program management across multiple teams and will act as part of an operating center across multiple Digital businesses.
• This person will be in regular consultation with teams in order to hold a comprehensive understanding of the work done across all. In this capacity, this position must be able to drive team effectiveness, escalate work for higher-level decisioning, elevate new work to the program level, coordinate work across teams when connection and collaboration are needed, and create new partnerships as necessary.
• All of the above is done in accordance with Digital's operating model. This position will support and drive the adoption of this model, its governance, and the establishment of shared tooling, processes, and systems across business units, partners, and stakeholders.
• Additionally, this person will support all strategic planning efforts tied to the execution of the organization's strategy.
• This role will be required to learn what best-in-class strategic operations look like externally and apply insights to Digital's businesses when applicable. They will drive accountability and enforce a commitment to a continuous evaluation of internal practices in order to operate most effectively.
OKR execution/Measuring our business:
• Building on the above, this role is responsible for the execution and evolution of the Objectives & Key Results (OKR) framework in pursuit of the organization's business strategy. This role will work in close partnership with the Director, Strategic Initiatives to advance the organization's OKR discipline. Specifics will include:
• Strategic review project management: This role will hold the process for consistent measuring of progress against all Digital OKRs, including scoring and subsequent strategic reviews for each of Digital's businesses. This will require working with all stakeholders to identify headwinds and tailwinds for each body of work. This role will compile that data into readouts to be shared with the organization, and will then use those readouts as the foundation for a strategic review among senior leaders.
• Strategic reviews will also involve the project management of all at-risk work with the intent to move the organization towards identifying and implementing solutions to mitigate any challenges. As noted above, this role is especially critical in addressing areas of intersection and dependency.
• This role is also responsible for establishing and refining a tool that creates transparency and visibility into scoring and progress, and determining the best, right, scalable approach for scoring at the team level.
• 7 years in a fast paced, changing work environment with an ability to navigate ambiguity.
• Knowledge of digital media.
• Demonstrated success in setting strategy and building detailed plans for execution.
• Demonstrated success in leading teams without a direct reporting line.
• College degree.
Nice to Have
• Knowledge of Objectives and Key Results.
• Knowledge of product teams.
• Knowledge of cross-functional operating model.
• Knowledge of digital transformation.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.