Manager, Program & Content Strategy
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/23/2021 11:57:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Program & Content Strategy jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Program & Content Strategy postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Program & Content Strategy? Manager, Program & Content Strategy- CNN & HLN
WarnerMedia seeks a Manager, Program & Content Strategy for CNN and HLN. Working closely with the Director of Program & Content Strategy, this role develops and executes programming rollout plans for CNN and HLN television networks. The position helps to shape CNN content strategy, seamlessly blending its unique combination of live news, big-scale special events, original non-fiction series, and documentary films. The role helps to position HLN as a growing leader in the non-fiction true crime space by optimizing its burgeoning inventory of original series and documentary events. Responsible for managing the daily aspects of on-air programming and schedule communications, the role also engages in larger projects to enhance content strategy across all platforms while working in a 24x7 breaking news environment across the most-watched cable news channel.
• Works with the Director and VP of Program & Content Strategy to create schedules and rollout plans for CNN and HLN programs. Collaborates with Research teams to analyze performance and uses the data to pitch schedule plans that best optimize content. Responsible for tracking inventory and confirming rights availability with Business Affairs & Legal groups. Also works with Program Development on Original Series planning and with Production teams to ensure delivery.
• Maintains CNN & HLN schedules and ensures accurate communication of programming plans around the organization – this includes liaising with Master Control, News Operations, Sales, and others. Speaks to overall strategy in planning meetings and helps create executive presentations showcasing long-range and short-range goals. Also, coordinates across sister networks, CNN International and CNN Español, to communicate simulcast details and facilitate content sharing.
• Assists the Director in creating strategic tools that better enhance scheduling processes, ratings analysis, and metadata optimization. Contributes to the continued evolution of the SmartView internal schedule viewing platform and serves as eventual point person for the transition to a new linear scheduling system.
• Operates as a leader with junior team members on special projects, including initiatives surrounding tentpole news events. Helps to manage the tracking of competitive programs, anniversaries, and current events in order to optimize scheduling pegs for stunts and other special programming. Also analyzes industry trends to aid in group awareness of non-linear and emerging platforms.
• Bachelor's degree in media, communications and/or equivalent experience
• 5 years of experience in television production, program planning, and/or research, ideally at a television network or related platform that requires program scheduling
• Experience leading a team on a collaborative process, whether directly or indirectly
• Strong project management, analytical, writing, and verbal communication skills
• Passion for and understanding of news media and current events
• Familiarity with television research and general industry knowledge a must
• Quick learner around new software/systems with advanced experience in Microsoft Excel
• Extremely detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and efficiently meet deadlines
• Ability to work in fast paced 24/7 breaking news environment
• Note: Location may be flexible. All are encouraged to apply.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.