Manager, Product Design
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
As Manager, Product Design you will focus on two mission critical areas: Product Tools and Content Expression.
For Product Tools , you will guide the design and development of enterprise tools that sustain and support our business, including a custom-built CMS and other publishing utilities. For Content Expression , you will guide the design and development of editorial components that surprise and delight our customers.
You will help our designers focus on the work ahead of them, removing roadblocks, and establishing meaningful design strategies and solutions. You will also work closely with Product, Growth, Editorial, and Engineering leadership to help define, execute, and iterate on interactions and visual design patterns for the tools that support our various platforms, as well as various key customer touchpoints.
• Lead two key strategic areas of work, overseeing the Product Tools and Content Expression design teams, while upholding the highest standards of design and collaboration.
• Help define and uphold editorial component design standards for domestic and international partners
• Work closely with a cross-functional team (design, product, engineering, growth, editorial, and publishing) to drive progress, uphold standards, and advocate for exceptional user experiences.
• Partner with product leadership to help define, execute and iterate on strategic pillars for both our internal digital ecosystem as well as our public facing editorial componentry.
• Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day work for a team of designers and inspiring them to do their best, most innovative work.
• Seek user and business validation for your proposed solutions and be receptive to input and pivots as you develop new experiences.
• Manage and execute typical design documents such as site maps, user flows, wireframes, visual designs, and redlines.
• Take a hands-on approach to implementation and collaboration with software development from early ideation through launch and onto subsequent iterations.
• Help to foster a fun, collaborative, supportive culture in which we are able to make career-defining work.
• A minimum of 7 years of designing digital products with at least 3 years of management experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a closely related field preferred, but not required.
• A portfolio demonstrating user-centered design thinking, process and execution across multiple experience platforms (e.g. mobile app, connected TV, web, etc.).
• Some experience in enterprise / dashboard work required; experience with CMS and publishing systems a plus.
• Deep understanding of UX design principles and methodologies
• Knowledge of modern product design best practices, such as agile development and lean UX.
• Strong systems thinker, with the ability to connect individual features to the all-up product experience.
• Expertise in modern UX design tools, including Figma, Photoshop, and Miro.
• Proficiency in core design skills, including composition, typography, and color theory.
• Highly effective communicator in all types of design artifacts, from feature documentation to visual specs.
• Experience managing design teams and mentoring individuals in their growth.
• Passion for staying abreast of the latest interaction design trends to share with and inspire the team.
• Strong collaboration skills working with cross-functional stakeholders and team members such as product managers, editors, publishers, engineers, and other designers.
• Strong listening, analytical and organizational skills with the ability to communicate and present ideas clearly.
• Not hesitant to escalate issues where necessary to upper management.
• A love of television and social media, as well as a passion for staying on top of industry trends.
• Some experience with enterprise design, including dashboards, required; content management systems and publishing tools a plus.
• An appreciation for designing the types of internal products that unlock business success and great customer experiences.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.