Manager, Product Design - Bleacher Report
WarnerMediaSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Product Design (Visual Design) - Bleacher Report
Location: United States - California - San Francisco
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Bleacher Report, a WarnerMedia company, makes it as easy as possible to be a sports fan by defining the moments that matter. Empowering, personal and community driven, its vision for making sports bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 digital and social brand. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its unparalleled app experience. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies' by Fast Company.Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
Elevates the design and ideation process of the Product Design team.
• You'll promote an environment of creativity and risk-taking; getting hands-on with a team of Sr. Designers to unlock unique and forward-looking ideas and solutions under your direction.
• You'll help direct a new and contemporary design language for B/R's consumer products e.g., Mobile Apps, Website, and Connected TV Apps
• You'll advocate for the team and their ideas with x-functional partners and stakeholders; You're a good listener but also a persuasive storyteller with a point of view to change minds and opinions
• You'll mentor and inspire x-functional partners from product to engineering on the design and ideation process; not afraid to push back on a deadline out or pushing the team to meet a deadline as well
• You'll translate abstract ideas and ambiguous requirements into tangible and clear deliverables for your team
• A solid understanding of the design AND idea generation process that can foster innovation or forward-looking solutions
• Manages stress and adversity in a positive, constructive manner during difficult situations and tight deadlines
• Strong design advocacy skills to prioritize constructive feedback from x-functional partners and designers
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; change communication method and style to speak to different audiences and their needs
• Excellent multitasking skills with the ability to manage several projects at any one time
• Stays abreast of current design trends and technologies; strong understanding of iOS and Android patterns/guidelines
• Makes the calendar work for you, not the other way around; takes ownership of their day and priorities
• Transparent, prompt, and collaborative
Who You Are
• You have a diverse portfolio of creative design work executed by yourself or teams you've led
• You are passionate about design and excited about Bleacher Report
• You have 6-8 years of designing mobile products and/or digital experiences (preferably on mobile).
• You have 2 years design management experience strongly preferred
• Proven track record of shipped work with real outcomes and metrics
• Bachelor's degree in Design or a related field preferred
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.