Manager, Marketing Solutions - Content Strategy
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/15/2021 1:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Marketing Solutions - Content Strategy jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Marketing Solutions - Content Strategy postings
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia has some of the most recognizable brands that continue to drive the social fabric of our world. From cutting-edge breaking news stories on CNN, up-to-the-minute sports coverage on Turner Sports & Bleacher Report, the characters we grew up loving on Cartoon Network to the shows we love today on TBS, TNT, and truTV. WarnerMedia continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. Including our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros that complete the WarnerMedia family, we tell the stories the world wants to hear.
WarnerMedia's News Ad Sales Marketing team is in search of a stellar candidate to join us as Manager, Content & Trade Marketing Strategy working across our portfolio of brands: CNN, CNN Business, and HLN. The Manager will be responsible for development and execution of the division's external trade communication strategy, the collaborative creation of go-to-market positioning and collateral as well as on-going proactive development and maintenance of key areas of editorial growth. The Manager will be an extremely proactive, creative and enthusiastic team player who thinks differently, sees the big picture and can communicate exceptionally through written, verbal and visual languages. As the Manager, Content & Trade Marketing Strategy, you'll be joining a team of integrated ad sales marketers and strategists working across all platforms: TV, digital, addressable, on-the-ground, social, audio and beyond. Your peers will work on client-specific pitches and packaging. Your responsibilities will be to partner on the development of the foundational messaging for WarnerMedia News Division brands and to influence the overall brand positioning and perception in the marketplace at the industry level as well as to ensure the team is plugged-in to key editorial growth initiatives.
• Work alongside the VP, News Marketing Solutions and Senior Directors to brainstorm and develop the go-to-market positioning and collateral for WarnerMedia News brands: CNN, CNN Business and HLN as well as the award-winning Courageous Studios, gathering creative inputs from relevant sales, product and network partners and keeping in mind the cultural influence/relevance of the CNN brand
• Craft News division sales materials inclusive of general presentations, brand overviews, case studies, sizzles, playbooks, etc. in close collaboration with Marketing and Sales leads. Work closely with WarnerMedia Portfolio marketing partners to ensure News is clearly represented within materials. Stay abreast of WarnerMedia portfolio collateral, updates, narratives to ensure cohesion between WarnerMedia and News narratives.
• Serve as key liaison with editorial/network for specific areas such as audio, newsletters, TV -- as well as other areas of opportunity as needed; working to develop collateral and packaging for sales and ensuring relevant teams are aware of these opportunities
• Serve as key point person for trade marketing initiatives, tracking success and executing on annual strategies and tactics inclusive of national/regional event sponsorships, custom events, paid campaigns, social media promotion, special e-blasts, thought leadership deployment, client entertaining and more.
• Work closely with PR/Communications to ensure the News Division maintains a consistent voice and drumbeat in the marketplace; leveraging all forms of deployment, especially social
• Stay abreast of industry and cultural trends and events and help to identify moments to promote WarnerMedia News, award wins and exceptional creative campaign work
• Develop messaging and work with the design team on creation of trade creative such as signage, e-blasts, display media, print ads, etc.
• Work with colleagues to keep team awards strategy on track – working with Awards Specialist on submission development, asset gathering and evaluation
• Partner with VP, News Marketing Solutions on creation of executive presentations and talking points
• Manage and evangelize use of news marketing website – ensuring content is fresh, relevant and useful at all times.
• Build out thought leadership initiatives, working closely with Ad Sales Research & Insights teams to deploy and identify quantitative and qualitative support for trade stories
• Support Marketing Solutions leadership on internal events and activities
• Manage relationships with vendors and partners (including contracts, invoicing, etc.)
• Minimum 4-6 years of related marketing experience in media, creative agency or brand.
• Exceptional storytelling and communication skills (written, verbal and visual) with demonstrable ability to craft compelling narratives in the form of presentations and one-sheets.
• Quippy, clear and concise creative writing style. Avoidance of 'marketing-speak'
• Meticulous with keen eye for aesthetics (fonts, photography, color, alignment, etc) – you're not a designer, but could have been one in another life!
• Love of branding and understanding of the importance that branding plays in consumer's lives
• Passion for the CNN brand, it's place in the marketplace and an understanding of its importance
• Big picture thinker; ability to grasp on-the-cusp or nebulous concepts and find intrinsic value
• Ability to interact with and 'hold your own' with senior management; the role requires gathering feedback from a variety of stakeholders with calm and finesse
• Team player, always willing to lend a hand, regardless of exact job description
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities independently while communicating and collaborating effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
• Expertise in digital and social with strong understanding of emerging. Informed perspective on the overall media landscape, trends, consumption habits, and challenges. Knowledge of TV capabilities a plus.
• Detail-oriented, organized and extremely creative; creative problem solver
• Expertise in PowerPoint and Keynote
• Intrinsic curiosity and interest in the News marketplace and cross-screen media consumption.
• Ability to quickly learn and adopt to internal tracking systems and procedures.
• Upbeat, can-do, proactive attitude, with calm under pressure and a sense of humor.
• Driven to create and innovate!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.