Manager, Live Digital Ops
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/26/2021 2:21:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Live Digital Ops jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Live Digital Ops postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Live Digital Ops?
Full Time Job
Manager, Live Digital Ops (CNN )
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
The Manager, Live Digital Ops will be responsible for leading all digital live production efforts, workflows, and tools. They will also be leading a small team of on-the-ground live technicians to support all digital native live and near live production efforts. By taking a hands-on approach, this manager will lead daily show production efforts and be required to schedule, direct and switch shows regularly. Understanding industry standard live tools like vMix, Unity, Viz Vectar, and Grass Valley AMPP, to name a few, is a requirement. Utilizing off-the-shelf technology in smart, experimental, and creative ways will help drive success. A willingness to rely on cloud-based tools and systems that will help ensure remote operation at scale is essential. This role requires flexibility, ingenuity, and creative problem solving to maintain stringent production standards against news deadlines. This is a highly collaborative role that will bridge the gap between digital, broadcast, operational, and postproduction teams.
• Directing and switching live and near live digital shows
• Managing a small team of live production specialists
• Work with technical and editorial staff to develop, implement and improve our digital live control room systems
• Maintain a detailed live production schedule and the staffing to support it
• Route, manage and QC feeds in and out of our control rooms
• Troubleshoot technical problems against tight editorial deadlines
• Train and evangelize new workflows for production teams
• Work hand in hand with editorial partners
• Administer live tools in AWS that ensure flexible and resilient production standards
• Work with engineering staff from across the organization to support mission critical tools
• 4-5 years of experience in a live, deadline driven, news environment
• Bachelor's , technical degree, or equivalent work experience
• Provide both creative and technical ideas s to Directors, Producers, Engineers and Management to help to create new workflows.
• Regularly collaborate with editorial team, graphics teams, guests, and on-camera talent
• A deep understanding of vMix, Unity Intercom, production switchers (Sony and GV), GFX, and automation systems
• A basic understanding Adobe Creative Cloud
• Serve as a technical lead and assist the technical crew during the show to ensure they are performing their job(s) up to acceptable standards.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.