Live Events Associate Director
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia seeks a Live Events Associate Director for the Content Origination department. The Content Origination Live Events AD (Associate Director) position is responsible for executing all duties related to the preparation and execution of Live Events in Master Control for the legacy Turner Brands, HBO, and OTT live events. This position is the point person for major, high revenue live events airing on TNT, TBS, HBO, TruTV and NBATV. The Live Events AD must be proficient in all areas of Live Event workflows and Broadcast Operations and will also be called upon to demonstrate leadership skills and to exercise sound judgment. This requires excellent communication with Production teams, Engineering, Transmissions, Sales Operations, and fellow Content Origination team members. In addition, this role will at times require overtime during peak portions of the year. The Live Events AD must stay up to date on new equipment and procedures, as well as collaborate with Management to identify and implement ways to improve the operation. Attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are essential.
Event Setup and Planning
• Assist in the creation of operating procedures and documentation outlining the plan and processes that will be used for each type of event.
• Participate in pre-event meetings with Transmissions, Engineering and Sales Operations to ensure alignment across teams.
• Check all sources with Production and Transmissions teams prior to event.
• Execute pre-event checklist ensuring all technical configurations and pre-air Quality Control actions have been completed.
• Confirm all programming contingency plans are in place and ready if an event is cancelled or ends early.
• Continuously monitor the quality of our on-air playout throughout event.
• Run high revenue commercial breaks ensuring all commercial inventory airs correctly.
• Demonstrate proficiency with all Control Room Equipment, workflows, and procedures.
• Serve as Live Event point of contact in Master Control. Communicate with Production to transition cleanly from live segments to commercial breaks.
• Edit playlists as needed and prepare alternate playouts for alternate commercial breaks.
• Execute close-to-air commercial break changes as needed.
• Update legal log throughout event to reflect airing times of commercials.
• Execute disaster recovery procedures as needed.
• Coordinate with OCC Supervisor to communicate any On-Air Disruptions to partners and stakeholders.
• Inform Sports Supervisor or Manager of any concerns, issues or needs requested by Sports Production.
• Create and update Live Event Report throughout event to document critical info for Research, Sales Ops, leadership, partners, and clients.
• Capture all required timings for Nielsen reporting to ensure ratings are accurately reported for each event.
Post Event Reporting and Activities
• Collaborate with technical teams to publish a consolidated Live Event Report capturing all critical information related to event execution, commercial inventory and event timings for ratings purposes.
• Ensure equipment and routes are normalized.
• Ensure a smooth transition back to server based programming and a thorough hand off to the next operator who will take control of the network(s).
• Ensure encore airings of the live event are set up correctly.
• Execute set up for next day's events as needed.
Other Tasks as Assigned
• Partner with management, Engineering, and other departments to identify, research, and resolve equipment issues and test new versions of software to ensure Live Event functionality is maintained.
• Assist in training of new team members and staff that provide as-needed support for the Live Events Group.
• Oversee the creation, development, and implementation of Content Origination Standard Operating Procedures; maintaining and updating as needed
• Assist Manager and/or Director as needed on special projects
• Minimum 1 yr. experience in a Broadcast Ops, IT, or similar media environment
• Digital experience preferred.
• Windows and other business related software
• Experience in a Live Events/Live Streaming environment
• Ability to communicate effectively, work under stress and perform as part of a team
• Automation and/or software playlist experience desired.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent (minimum)
• Some College Experience – emphasis in Communications, Broadcasting or Technology
• College degree or equivalent (desirable)
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.