Line Producer - Weekend Express With Susan Hendricks, HLN
This was removed by the employer on 12/1/2022 11:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Line Producer - Weekend Express With Susan Hendricks, HLN jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Line Producer - Weekend Express With Susan Hendricks, HLN postings
Full Time Job
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Work with longtime HLN anchor Susan Hendricks! Help the HLN viewer start their day right with an engaging mix of national, consumer, health, entertainment, and true crime news! We need a fantastic, energetic, and motivated Line Producer to help deliver the show's promise every weekend morning.
The Line Producer, with executive producer guidance, prepares the rundown of news stories, oversees and executes the production of key video and graphic elements. The Line Producer makes important editorial decisions and guides talent, writers, associate producers and the technical team in the control room. Additionally, the line producer must be able to build segments and develop story ideas from beginning to air. This includes editorial discussions, writing scripts, package production, graphics elements and field coordination.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience producing live news shows.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
• Applicant must be editorially mature with solid knowledge of national, financial, health, sports, and pop culture headlines and be able to create an in-depth, visually exciting newscast.
• Strong interest and awareness of newsgathering via social media.
• Excellent writing skills and an ability to produce quality work quickly.
• Must be a strong leader in the control room and be able to calmly handle breaking news situations.
• Must be an effective team leader with strong people management skills.
• Must have the ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently and with a team.
• Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and compelling ways to present content, new angles to approach stories, and the organizational skills to bring it all together.
• Knowledge of iNews and Mediasource is helpful.
• This position will likely fill a variety of schedules, including overnight hours and the individual chosen is required to be extremely flexible.
• Flexibility-ability to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style.
• Attitude- must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
• Self-starter- ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.
• This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.