Line Producer, Weekend Express - HLN
Full Time Job
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
WarnerMedia seeks a Line Producer for HLN. The Line Producer is responsible for producing a live hour(s) for Weekend Express.
The Line Producer, with executive producer guidance, prepares the rundown of news stories, oversees and executes the production of key video and graphic elements. The Line Producer makes important editorial decisions and guides talent, writers, associate producers and the technical team in the control room. Additionally, the line producer must be able to build segments and develop story ideas from beginning to air. This includes editorial discussions, writing scripts, package production, graphics elements and field coordination.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience producing live news shows.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
• Applicant must be editorially mature with solid knowledge of national, financial, health, sports, and pop culture headlines and be able to create an in-depth, visually exciting newscast.
• Strong interest and awareness of newsgathering via social media.
• Excellent writing skills and an ability to produce quality work quickly.
• Must be a strong leader in the control room and be able to calmly handle breaking news situations.
• Must be an effective team leader with strong people management skills.
• Must have the ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently and with a team.
• Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and compelling ways to present content, new angles to approach stories, and the organizational skills to bring it all together.
• Knowledge of iNews and Mediasource is helpful.
• This position will likely fill a variety of schedules, including overnight hours and the individual chosen is required to be extremely flexible.
• Flexibility-ability to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style.
• Attitude- must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
• Self-starter- ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.
• This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S. to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.