Lead External Development Manager
Full Time Job
Location: London, United Kingdom
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Rocksteady Studios is an award-winning, critically acclaimed video game developer. Founded in 2004, we are home to the widely celebrated Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time. We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values. Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
The external development team at rocksteady are in a new phase, moving to encompass all asset development at the studio, not just that done externally. An extremely talented leader is required to grow and guide the team.
Working closely with production and all content teams at Rocksteady, you will drive and manage all aspects of external development and work directly with technical and production direction to oversee all asset tracking at the studio.
• Lead and develop our team of External Development and Asset Managers, managing their deliverables and troubleshooting blockers
• Work directly with Rocksteady Producers and Project Leads to manage and advise on the development status of all assets
• Track the development status of assets, using Shotgrid and Jira – to manage project dependencies and risk
• Manage a complex budget for the External Development function, ensuring planned work is delivered to agreed scope and costs
• Work to maintain and improve external content production processes at Rocksteady – across a variety of disciplines such as Audio, Animation, VFX etc.
• Maintain current, and build new, relationships with 3rd Party partners - ensuring Rocksteady is working with the right partners to deliver on our vision for project
• Coordinating security, IT and legal arrangements for all relevant 3rd Parties. Update protocols, and investigate non-compliance where required.
• Advanced communication skills, with the ability to tailor communication to Technical & Creative teams
• Experience building and developing an inclusive and empowered team
• Experience coordinating production partners, ranging from large vendors to single freelancers – ideally across multiple asset types
• Knowledge of AAA game content and asset pipelines, from concept to completion
• Experience using Shotgrid
• Experience leading budget management, and negotiating commercial agreements
• Jira knowledge
• Game engine and asset creation tools knowledge
• Previous experience with due diligence and infosec policies
• Experience managing and reporting on large amounts of data
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.