Junior Broadcast Engineer
This was removed by the employer on 11/4/2022 5:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Junior Broadcast Engineer jobs in London-UK
Search all Junior Broadcast Engineer postings
Full Time Job
Location: London, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity for a Graduate Contribution Engineer has been created with Warner Bros. Discovery to drive the delivery of premium sports content for Eurosport and Warner Bros. Discovery channels and digital platforms.
Contribution Engineering is a small team of engineers whose responsibilities encompass the design and installation of all contribution technology across the EMEA region. The department is also responsible for contribution across the group, into and between key sites both for business as usual operations and major live sporting events.
The primary purpose of the position is to work with the wider team and build out the infrastructure required for all Warner Bros.Discovery’s sports rights across EMEA culminating with the Olympics in Paris 2024.
The role will encompass a wide variety of cutting edge technology from ground to cloud and would suit someone with a passion for broadcast and continuous learning.
The position is a hybrid one with up to 3 days a week in the office and is based in Chiswick Park, London.
• Work alongside the contribution engineering team to deliver key projects
• Take ownership of project deliverables as requested by other team members
• Work within the team to solve problems and escalate to vendors as appropriate
• Collaborating with the wider team to improve existing workflows
• Test and evaluate new technologies
• Should have, or be studying towards, a technical degree and a background or interest within the broadcast/media industry
• Must be proactive and self motivated with good organisational skills
• Must have a passion for technology and the desire to work out how/why something works
• An understanding of broadcast video formats
• An understanding of media transport i.e. DVB, MPEG-TS
• An understanding of IP networking i.e. RTP, UDP, multicast
• An understanding of deploying systems in AWS and GCP