Interactive Producer, Sports
This was removed by the employer on 1/25/2023 1:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Interactive Producer, Sports jobs in Remote-IN
Search all Interactive Producer, Sports postings
Full Time Job
Interactive Producer, Sports (Temporary)
Location: Remote, Indiana, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
This versatile, creative and innovative digital journalist will possess true 21st Century digital content skills and experience and drive the success of our digital properties covering college sports.
The job requires versatility and strengths in many areas. The Digital Journalist will write, edit, produce and deliver a wide variety of sports content and is also responsible for reading, editing and posting contributed content from press releases, staff writers and freelancers. The Digital Journalist will be counted on to ensure accurate but highly coveted data content, such as updating NCAA Championship brackets or polls. Attention to detail and accuracy are crucial.
You'll need to know how to best lure readers with effective headlines and teases for all delivery - whether desktop, mobile, newsletters or partners. This means strong producing and programming, but also understanding what content works best and why. Experience with audience analytics tools - such as Chartbeat and Omniture - to track performance is a necessity. You'll need a strong understanding of social networking sites and how they can help us reach more readers as well as help develop content. You'll be asked to write clean, reader-friendly content for a variety of subjects across owned/operated as well as external platforms, but we also need a savvy producer who understands the digital audience and Turner's relationship with its partners at the NCAA.
Video-editing and producing skills are a plus. You'll be asked to edit content for creators like Andy Katz who provide video content for audiences on NCAA.com and our YouTube channels.
Experience working events is also a plus. This job may require on-site reporting and producing at a wide variety of sporting events, from the men's and women's NCAA basketball tournaments to the College Cup to NCAA swimming championships.
We're looking for someone ready to keep their feet moving and work independently. Enthusiasm, risk-taking and collaboration are highly valued.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Select, prioritize, edit and post content (text, statistics, standings, video, photo, etc.)
• Publish content on owned/operated and external platforms in cooperation with guidelines and styles set by staff and league partners
• Monitor news, events and social networking for outside source content
• Ensure all content is grammatically correct and factually accurate
• Demonstrate news judgment in editing and story selection consistent with league partner editorial policies and standards
• Work directly with video producers to incorporate video content and coordinate the inclusion of live video streaming coverage
• Work directly with internal team and partners to ensure all championship and microsite content is up to date and accurate
• Report and troubleshoot operational bugs (feeds, polls, leaderboard, site) as they arise
• Travel as required to provide event coverage
• Flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed - because it's sports, this job will have regular nights and weekends as part of the schedule
• Minimum of 2 years editorial experience, preferably in the online medium and in the sports industry
• Working knowledge of web publishing technologies, including HTML and Photoshop
• Strong basic editorial skills (must be able to demonstrate an ability to write, copy edit and show news judgment)
• Experience working with proprietary or off-the-shelf content management systems
• Proficient in basic computer skills such as MS Word and Excel
• Ability to work in a team environment with flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends
• Able to handle last-minute or quick-turnaround deadlines for development or in a live publishing environment
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Bachelor's degree
• Degree in journalism or related field preferred
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.