Full Time Job
Homepage Producer, CNN Digital Programming
CNN's portfolio of news and information services is available in five different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 392 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America. The CNN digital network is consistently one of the top news and current affairs destination on the web.
• Do you have a thirst for news and knack for making it understandable to regular folks?
• Can you craft a headline or notification to make any story interesting?
• Do you have a passion for finding the perfect visuals to go with a story?
• Are you cool under pressure and creative?
• Are you all about making news as engaging an experience as the rest of our digital lives?
Then you should join the CNN Digital Programming Team. We take the extraordinary content of CNN -- from text to videos to interactives -- curate and organize them for CNN's own digital platforms, from CNN.com on phones and desktop to the CNN app and other platforms.
• This role is focused on covering CNN's main US-facing digital platforms during the US overnight hours, therefore requiring strong knowledge of topics of interest to an American audience.
• CNN's Programming producers are obsessed with finding that perfect headline, image and curation of stories. They worry about homepages, article pages and section fronts.
• They take initiative to recognize programming needs, and they work with more senior team members to make sure the needs are met. They may help provide guidance to the team's associate producers. They interact with internal and external peers and managers to share and receive feedback on key initiatives.
• They are addicted to audience analytics and A/B testing.
• Programming producers are seen internally as go-to people for how to get compelling essential journalism seen and shared. To that end, all producers think like readers/swipers/watchers/listeners and help connect disparate digital dots to the benefit of global audiences second-by-second, minute-by-minute.
• They will master all of CNN's hot-seat duties including alerts and social media posts and also partner with SEO team to maximize search visibility.
• Digital producers are thoughtful and creative planners, and ace collaborators, working with video and photo teams, social teams, the global digital news desk, vertical teams and beyond. They are excellent givers of feedback, and they participate in post-mortems and other conversations about sharpening our programming around key projects.
• They contribute to the conception and planning of programming for short- and medium-term projects. They help execute those projects, watching a wide range of audience data closely, optimizing content as needed.
• They have a deep knowledge of digital content in many forms -- articles, videos, galleries, social content, interactives, podcasts, etc -- across the entire portfolio and create compelling digital packages for distribution on a wide range of platforms.
• They suggest ideas and/or execute programming strategies that contribute to the life of content, from publication through ongoing refreshes and updates.
• Proven relevant experience in a similar US focused news role or international newsgathering experience.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Generate and pitch ideas.
• Willingness to work early morning and/or weekends.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands