Head Of Scripted Production Finance
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
WarnerMedia seeks a Head of Scripted Production Finance for the Warner Brothers TV Finance department.
This role will oversee all Production Finance related functions including: creation of show budgets, management of ongoing production costs through daily and weekly cost reporting, establishment and oversight of accounting team for each show heading into production, union payments (pre, during production and post/wrap-up), management of effective internal controls for each show (establishing system access, bank accounts, funding).
This role will interface with many executives across many functions including: Production, Divisional Finance, Business Affairs, Studio Operations, Legal, Treasury, and HR, to consistently collaborate, communicate and provide modeling, projections, and reporting.
This position requires a high degree of critical thinking, multi-tasking, assessing risks and opportunities, accuracy in financial reporting and interpersonal skills. This position will lead a team of 30-35 Production Finance Professionals from the Vice President level through the Analyst/Staff level.
• Review Production Finance Manual, to ensure proper internal controls are established, adhered to and monitored to ensure Show Production Budgets are developed, monitored and reported out to Production Executives, Studio Executives and Divisional Finance in a timely and accurate manner. Leading and working closely with the Show Accounting Teams.
• Establish and Maintain Financial System, to ensure detailed tracking of show budgets is available, used properly, maintained, and adequately disseminated to all applicable team members and partner (where applicable).
• Works closely with Centralized Teams, to ensure Tax Incentives are applied for and maintained, funding for shows is provided, assists with audits as needed and other ad hoc requests related to Production Finance activities.
• Prepares Executive and Detailed Cost Reporting, Assists with Cash Flow Projections.
• Establishes processes to ensure all parties are paid timely and accurately
• Lead Broad and Diverse Team, to ensure the appropriate skills are hired into the various roles throughout the entire Production Finance Department (Estimators, Budgeting, Compliance, Prep/Post, Systems, Incentives, Union Payments ATL and BTL)
• Establishes a nimble team that will prepare Budgets for new shows in development
• 10-15 Years in Production or Production Finance related field
• 10 years supervising experience
• Movie Magic/Easy Budget experience
• Intermediate level Microsoft Excel
• Preferred Bachelor's Degree
• Scripted Television Production Experience
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.