Head Of Growth
WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia has some of the most recognizable brands that continue to drive the social fabric of our world. From cutting-edge breaking news stories on CNN, up-to-the-minute sports coverage on Turner Sports & Bleacher Report, the characters we grew up loving on Cartoon Network to the shows we love today on TBS, TNT, and truTV. WarnerMedia continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. Including our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros that complete the WarnerMedia family, we tell the stories the world wants to hear.
WarnerMedia seeks a Head of Growth for the Ad Sales leadership team.
The Ad Sales Growth & Partnerships Lead will play a leadership role in the development and execution of the Ad Sales monetization and growth strategy and will drive the advancement and evolution of our business.
The role will report directly to the head of Ad Sales and will manage the Ad Sales amplification and the partnership teams. With a focus on business development, this role will be expected to bring thought leadership, rigor, insight, creativity, and digital expertise to drive our growth strategies across Ad Sales. Additional responsibilities of the role include:
• Lead and drive overall Ad Sales strategy, both long-term and short-term, including responsibility for developing the annual strategic plan for the division.
• Responsible for building and operationalizing the plan to get to 50% digital revenue by 2023.
• Create models to measure our progress and success and lead quarterly reviews and strategy meetings with senior executives and stakeholders.
• Identify, prioritize and pursue new business development activity through negotiating potential strategic partners to expand the Ad Sales division and core business
• Collaborate with Distribution to develop partnerships and new opportunities with digital partners (eg. app platform partners)
• Partner with the S&D strategy team to ensure Sales strategy is aligned with and connected to the overall S&D strategy.Determine and operationalize monetization priorities.
• Represent ad sales in cross-company strategic initiatives and deals ensuring that the company initiatives are influenced by and aligned with the ad sales strategy
• Drive new revenue & growth opportunities and gain expertise in these areas (e.g. gamification)
• Develop new ways to monetize existing lines of business (e.g. programmatic strategy)
• Liaise and partner on product and data strategies (e.g. YouTube)
• Own amplification and YouTube claiming and monetization strategy
• Manage partnerships and deal structures for Ad Sales with internal and external parties (eg Freewheel, Addressable, Programmatic, Attribution, Nielsen, Gaming)
• Work with a variety of cross-functional teams across WarnerMedia including Legal/Business Affairs, Digital Products, Finance, and Digital Distribution teams to develop and execute new business initiatives.
This role will also play a pivotal role in driving our people priorities and organization effectiveness across Ad Sales and will assist in providing metrics and progress reports to demonstrate our growth.
• Accomplished and respected industry leader with 15 years of relevant experience
• History of leading a business development or corporate strategy group/function
• Proven track record of successful revenue-driving strategies
• In-depth understanding of the digital media industry and competitive landscape
• Ability to conceptualize, structure, and build businesses and new ventures
• Impeccable communication (written and verbal) and sales presentation skills
• Strong presence and comfort operating at the highest levels both internally and externally
• Extremely organized with ability to effectively manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities, across teams and functions
• Proven leadership and people management skills with ability to foster teamwork and collaborative thinking
• Ability to perform responsibilities with minimal supervision, exercising discretion and independent/sound judgment, while excelling in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.