Head Of Finance, Domestic Line Of Business
This was removed by the employer on 6/28/2021 9:58:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Head Of Finance, Domestic Line Of Business jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Head Of Finance, Domestic Line Of Business postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Head Of Finance, Domestic Line Of Business?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia seeks a Head of Finance, Domestic Line of Business (LOB) for the Corporate Financial Mgmt department.
This highly visible senior leadership position will be responsible for the Domestic Line of Business organization supporting the WarnerMedia News & Sports and WarnerMedia Corporate & Technology business segments. As a strategic business partner, this role will serve as the primary point of contact for the segment finance executive leadership, providing support for significant accounting transactions, key business initiatives, new acquisitions, financial analysis, audit activities, and issue triage. The role also serves as the executive liaison between division finance leadership and the WarnerMedia financial shared services organization (Global Business services, or ''GBS''), and provides oversight for the preparation and review of the division's consolidated operating results and financial reporting packages. In addition, this role will oversee the consolidation and reporting of the WarnerMedia Global Networks reporting segment. This role reports directly to the SVP, Decision Support & Reporting COE within the WarnerMedia Finance organization.
• Act as a single point of contact for the division CFO's on accounting, reporting, and related matters.
• Oversee the liaison between the division finance teams and the GBS functional teams on complex and unusual accounting matters, and for issue escalation and resolution.
• Act as advisor to the division CFO's and finance teams in determining the financial impact of GAAP accounting treatment for non-routine transactions.
• Provide leadership and guidance to the CFO's and finance leadership when negotiating transactions to ensure awareness of the financial implications of potential deal structures.
• Lead the integration of new business opportunities and acquisitions in a scalable manner, and implement business initiatives in a timely fashion, influencing GBS and other teams to deliver results.
• Liaise with WarnerMedia's financial system support team to address reporting and system changes that will impact segment reporting activities. Drive process improvement initiatives and take a leadership role in implementing process and reporting changes required by the organization.
• Co-ordinate quarter end compliance and sign-off activities with the CFO's.
• Accounting and Financial Reporting
• Oversee all reporting functions responsible for producing timely, accurate, and GAAP compliant financial results for the operating division and reporting segment, including consolidated reporting and variance analysis, and communication of actual to forecast results and accounting conclusions to finance leadership.
• Identify trends, significant transactions and financial performance as necessary to understand and communicate the full business unit financial statements to senior finance leaders.
• Facilitate close related activities between the division finance teams and the shared services teams in GBS.
• Ensure timely communication of accounting policy changes and their financial impact to finance executives.
• Ensure proper timing and application of revenue recognition and other accounting rules, specifically as relates to the coordination and access to information from finance or operational partners in support of technical accounting conclusions.
• Budgeting, Forecasting, and Analysis
• Oversee the consolidation and submission of the operating division budgets, forecasts, and supporting deliverables. Oversee the consolidation of the Global Networks reporting segment budget and forecast for executive review.
• Perform meaningful business analysis to provide leadership insights.
• Lead the preparation and ongoing development of various other recurring and adhoc reporting and analysis at the segment level.
• Propose changes to the reporting as appropriate to maintain the relevance of the information presented.
• Leadership and Staff Development
• Lead a team of approximately 15 accounting professionals by setting the example and proactively fostering the mission and vision of the organization.
• Develop and maintain an efficient, effective, and diverse staff through selection, training, supervision, counseling, and measuring the performance of direct reports and staff members.
• Create a positive work environment that fosters team and individual performance.
• Develop, implement and communicate performance goals and objectives.
• Facilitate ongoing dialogue and performance reviews designed to provide measurable and timely feedback and implement corrective action as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
• CPA or MBA or graduate degree in related field highly preferred.
• Minimum of 15 years relevant work experience with at least 8 years demonstrated experience in a leadership/management position.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with key accounting principles and concepts, financial analysis, and reporting. Experience with Hyperion, SAP, and PeopleSoft is a plus.
• Diverse work experiences with cross-functional teams. Strong written, oral, and presentation skills; effective communicator at all levels of the organization; ability to influence others.
• Strong leadership skills with a mindset to develop a team and drive results.
• High level of executive presence with strong interpersonal and problem resolution skills, and a high degree of integrity, tact, and diplomacy.
• Active communicator, with the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across the organization and across multiple locations.
• Ability to develop strategic plans and decisions.
• Results-oriented with an ability to set clear goals and priorities and deliver timely, high-quality services.
• Strong organizational skills, process improvement and project management experience, and cross-functional coordination skills
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.