Hair & Makeup Artist
WarnerMediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Hair & Makeup Artist (Temporary)
Location: United States - California - Los Angeles, United States - District of Columbia - Washington, United States - Florida - Miami, United States - Georgia - Atlanta, United States - New York - New York
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Hair and Make-Up Department is an integrated business unit, comprised of artists proficient in both art forms. The artists support all on-air talent across all platforms, and are responsible for the application, continuity, and modernization of hair and make-up for CNN Worldwide. Hair and make-up are key elements of the branding of the on-air talent for all CNN network shows.
• The position works cohesively with the production team both in studio and on-location, in a fast-paced, breaking new environment
• This position will be responsible for the completion of daily administrative work utilizing advanced technology
• The position requires scheduling flexibility, as hours will shift due to changing programming demands, which could include, weekends, overnights, shift extensions, and holidays
• At least three years of HDTV makeup experience, including airbrushing
• At least three years of hairstyling experience resulting in the mastering of all hairstyling techniques, which include blow-dry round brushing, the use of marcel irons, flat-ironing, and the overall polishing of the final look on all hair textures
• Esthetician or cosmetologist license, or certification from an accredited school, salon, or cosmetic brand or equivalent is required
• Applicant must be able to effectively and diplomatically communicate with clients and coworkers
• Provide top-notch customer service. Experience with high-profile talent is preferred
• Operate with a friendly, positive, self-motivated demeanor
• Work well under pressure in a fast-pace environment
• Computer skills, particularly in Apple software and Microsoft 365, which includes Outlook, OneNote, TEAMS, and SharePoint
• Proactive work ethic towards constantly improving the hair & makeup room experience for clients is a must
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.