Warner Bros. DiscoveryAtlanta, GA
This was removed by the employer on 9/8/2022 9:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Graphics Supervisor jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Graphics Supervisor postings
Full Time Job
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The Graphics Supervisor delegates tasks and works with designers to set goals, monitor productivity, provide growth opportunities, constructive criticism, feedback, nurture and coaching. Works in tandem with executive producers, editorial staff and control room staff to define projects, ensure quality control of on-air product, trouble shoot and develop effective workflow plans. The Graphics Supervisor is abreast and has a working knowledge of technology and software used within our industry. The Supervisor helps to develop the department culture, foster and maintain a healthy work environment that is conducive to creativity, growth and learning and productivity. This is a fast-paced and creative environment with many exciting opportunities to create some amazing work!
- Directly supervise a team of daily on-line graphic artists and provide creative direction on projects in accordance with established Production Design direction.
- Motivate, train and manage artists and actively create an overall creative atmosphere in the Graphics department.
- Work with artists and show production staff to determine needs and facilitate execution of projects. Acquire and utilize extensive knowledge of equipment operation, production techniques and engineering requirements to insure technically acceptable and innovative graphic designs.
- Execute creative objectives and anticipate possible graphic needs for breaking news stories and makes artist assignments accordingly.
- Effectively brainstorm with artists and provide creative guidance and leadership throughout execution and ensure extremely short deadlines are met.
- Identify needs and initiate solutions/projects to increase efficiency and effectiveness of shift production efforts.
- Prioritize and assign packages, full screens and other projects to insure most effective use of staff.
- Assume responsibility for on-air look and quality control (i.e. accuracy, design, etc.) of graphics on assigned shift. and Other duties as directed.
- Degree from accredited art school with emphasis in graphic design and composition, illustration, visual communications or related field, or equivalent work experience, with demonstrated knowledge of graphic design.
- 5+ years of television graphics production experience.
- Experience in training, leading and motivating people with demonstrated leadership ability.
- Maturity and ability to meet specific deadlines under stressful production conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop jobs
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.