Full Time Job
General Manager Anz, Xandr
Xandr is seeking a leader for its commercial operations across Australia & New Zealand. The General Manager is responsible for developing and promoting new use cases that leverage the unique strengths of the Xandr platform to key client groups such as Media Owners, Agencies and Trading Desks.
The General Manager holds ultimate accountability for the financial performance of Xandr's business in region, as well as for the teams that support it, and the client accounts that constitute it.
In discharging these duties, they will be expected to set and align the regional teams to plans and strategies consistent with our global business goals, providing cross functional leadership that enables the delivery of agreed upon financial and non-financial metrics.
The role is perfect for someone with great ambition, hunger for success, and seeking an exciting position with a direct and significant impact on the company's short- and long-term success. Excellent customer relationship skills are critical, as is the ability to exercise sound judgment independently.
About the team:
The Xandr Australia team is a motivated and results-oriented team that helps bring Xandr's digital advertising products to market. Our focus is on building our clients' businesses through leading-edge technology solutions, intuitive and useful ad delivery tools, and strategic business consulting. We cover the gamut developing new opportunities to nurture existing client relationships with a wide range of publishers and advertisers to help them manage and grow their digital advertising business. Our team seeks innovative, passionate, and collaborative people who can cultivate strong client relationships, meet sales quotas, identify strategic partnership opportunities and foster awareness of our products.
What you'll be doing:
• Lead and represent the Xandr Australia & New Zealand business both inside Xandr globally, and externally with clients, prospects and the broader market
• Set and manage the revenue goals for the business as a whole, product lines, teams, individual contributors and clients
• Manage a cost budget consistent with attaining EBITDA and margin goals for their regional business. This includes headcount/hiring budgets, payroll costs, T&E and 3rd party contracting costs
• Responsible for establishing and executing plans consistent with the Global Strategic Direction of Xandr, that can at a local/regional level deliver upon the financial and non-financial goals of the business
• Responsible for ensuring that these approaches and plans are achievable, understood and supported by the resources (internal and external) who will contribute to their achievement, and the oversight and alignment of these resources to deliver on such plans
• Accountable for the wellbeing and oversight of all employees engaged in the operations of the business in region, regardless of whether they report directly or indirectly to them
• Accountability for ensuring a positive physical work environment is maintained for employees in region
• Responsible for balancing the resources of Xandr's commercial operations to achieve the financial and non-financial goals of the business, and will themselves engage appropriately with clients/prospective clients (proactively and reactively/through escalation) to further the objectives of Xandr globally
• Represent Xandr in the online marketplace and become an active brand advocate within Australia & New Zealand
• Actively promote Xandr's offerings and value to clients to identify ways of driving more revenue
• Representation of Xandr and AT&T more broadly (and positions held by these organizations) with locally/regionally relevant industry bodies, and locally/regionally relevant regulators and governmental organizations
What we're looking for:
• Proven executive leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower colleagues to achieve objectives with a cross functional approach. An experienced manager – adapting leadership styles to appropriate scenarios including coaching for success, interpreting strategy into local context and creating a vision for teams and individuals to align to. Skills will include coaching and mentorship in addition to creating the environment for people to succeed
• Experience understanding and balancing trade-offs across team functions to deliver technical innovation, service excellence and commercial outcomes
• Experience leading and growing a business with a proven record of hitting sales targets
• Extensive network of relationships across senior stakeholders in the Australian digital advertising ecosystem including Agency and Media owners
• Experience of successfully engaging working w Agency and/or Agency holding companies
• Experience with strategic prospects, consultative selling approach, ad sales and contract negotiation
• Outstanding communication, presentation, and organisational skills; process-oriented, yet entrepreneurial
• Proven experience in the ad-tech industry and technologies that empower publishers, marketers and agencies would be beneficial
• Experience of working in a global business working with teams and stakeholders across time zones to create commercial opportunities
More about you:
• You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching
• You love challenging yourself to improve and sharing your knowledge to empower others continually
• You are the type of person who takes risks when looking for new and creative solutions to complex problems
• You care about solving a big, systemic problem
• You look beyond the surface to understand the root causes so that you can build complete and long-term solutions for clients
• You believe in not only serving customers but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve. See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging here at WarnerMedia:
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.