Gameplay Combat Programmer
Full Time Job
Location: United Kingdom - London
Rocksteady Studios is a member of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family, and the developer of the award-winning Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time.
We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values.
Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
This is a highly creative role that will allow you to work alongside world-class developers for the sole purpose of creating awesome next-gen games.
Rocksteady is looking for an enthusiastic and talented individual to work on core gameplay systems such as combat and enemy AI. This is a full-time permanent position in our London-based studio.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position, and once it's safe to return to the office can either be completed from our London HQ, fully remotely, or some combination of the two.
• Develop and maintain gameplay systems such as enemy combat, traversal, abilities, and other core gameplay systems
• Collaborate and work closely with Design and Art teams to develop, iterate, tune and polish gameplay systems
• Be a positive and proactive team member in the gameplay development process with a keen eye for detail
• Have a raw passion and the ability to contribute and advance all aspects of the game
• Enthusiastic about modern development techniques with an advanced understanding of modern C software design, programming, and debugging
• Excellent problem-solving ability Great team communication skills
• Experience in developing gameplay mechanics in a networked multiplayer third-person action game
• Experience working with Unreal Engine 4