Full Time Job
What part will you play:
As part of the Finance team, this role has the responsibility to assist and support the Senior Director, Finance in all finance activities relating to Original Productions, content licensing, content acquisitions for SEAP and China and T&O department expenses in addition to Turner GE programming for APAC.
Essential job functions:
Financial Planning and Analysis (60%)
• Assist in preparation of Programming/OP/Content revenue budget, LRP, monthly forecast and R&O.
• Advise the Accounting team on monthly related accruals and to ensure correct entries captured.
• Prepare cash flow budget/LRP for Programming content/OP.
• Review and perform monthly variance analysis and follow-up.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly committed and non-committed OP and content spend.
• Assist in the preparation of corporate deliverables relating to Programming/OP.
• Assist in the preparation of programming content and OP presentation decks.
• Assist to ensure accurate reporting to the Central team.
• Assist in the preparation of channel P&L.
• Assist in Ad-hoc reporting and analysis, including business cases and new projects.
Work with Original Production team (30%)
• Review production budget and cost reports.
• Communication with production houses to enforce production cashflow management, cost reporting requirements, audit requirements, etc.
• Advise the HBO production team on finance-related matters.
• Manage government funding relating to productions.
• Manage OP audits.
Other Activities (10%)
• Be a bridge to the Accounting team to manage month-end closings and monthly forecast.
• Responsible for the transition from the Central team and the ongoing activities of Entertainment (Turner) programming for the APAC region.
• Assist in CAPEX/depreciation and T&O OPEX budget/LRP, forecast, and variance analysis.
• Any other ad hoc assignments.
• Degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, Finance, or related business field.
• Relevant professional experience in finance or related business roles within the Original production, media, and entertainment industry.
• Strong working experience with Excel, Powerpoint, Peoplesoft and Hyperion.
• Independent, details oriented, analytical, and inquisitive.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
• Willingness to learn and take on new assignments.
But wait, there is more!
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
• Cool benefits such as Summer Fridays
• More Fun, Less Fear, All In Culture