Fall Paid Intern - CnnpoliticsCom
This was removed by the employer on 6/16/2021 10:00:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Fall Paid Intern - CnnpoliticsCom jobs in Remote-US
Search all Fall Paid Intern - CnnpoliticsCom postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Fall Paid Intern - CnnpoliticsCom?
Part Time Paid Internship
Location: United States - District of Columbia - Washington
The tasks could include, but are not limited to:
• As a CNNPolitics.com intern, students will have the opportunity to gain insight into the U.S. political system, digital journalism and CNN's editorial process.
• They will learn how to operate as a reporter in a fast-paced breaking news environment, contributing to stories on the news of the moment and working with CNN digital editors by keeping an eye on our competitors and flagging politics stories. They'll also have the opportunity to pitch original content.
• They will be able to strengthen their research and newsgathering skills, work with and alongside of the DC-based CNN television shows, as well as learn the fast and agile world of digital journalism.
• Interns will write, edit, design and work inside the internal CNN content management system, communicate regularly with CNN Atlanta and occasionally go out on assignments around Washington, D.C.
• They will also scour other sites and digital platforms for political content and help put together the signature digital products of CNN's political coverage.
In order to facilitate the learning experience, the following qualifications are preferred:
• Candidate should be seeking a career in politics and/or journalism.
• Should be high energy, self-motivated, aggressive, able to multi-task, have a good attitude, technically solid, strong online skills and be able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick-turnaround projects.
• Interns would need to be available during the week for this internship.
• Strong writing/editing skills
• Attention to detail and factual accuracy
• Familiarity with digital platforms, including social media
• Good news judgment
• Positive attitude and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and perform in a variety of roles
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward undergraduate and a graduate students.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.