Fall Paid Intern - CNN NY News Bureau
This was removed by the employer on 6/25/2021 3:44:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Fall Paid Intern - CNN NY News Bureau jobs in Remote-US
Search all Fall Paid Intern - CNN NY News Bureau postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Fall Paid Intern - CNN NY News Bureau?
Part Time Paid Internship
Location: United States - New York - New York
Virtual CNN NY News Bureau Intern - Fall 2021
The WarnerMedia Story
The New York bureau of CNN is responsible for news coverage in the northeast region of the country. Journalists cover a wide range of subjects including terrorism, politics, business, social issues and trends. Content generated by the bureau is coordinated with the key programs on CNN US, but also appears across the platforms of the CNN Newsgroup.
• Interns gain insight into the editorial process while interning at CNN.
• They strengthen their research skills while contributing to segments and wires and being paired with reporters and producers on both breaking news and ongoing stories.
• Interns also have the occasional opportunity to accompany producers on stories.
• In production, interns learn how to set up a script with appropriate video and write using CNN's database.
• Interns learn how to use CNN's video and photo databases for packages and sound bites for air.
• Interns may greet show guests and assist in basic Administrative tasks.
• Intern's schedules vary and may include week and weekend work - morning and evening.
• Interns have the opportunity to pitch stories and have first-hand exposure as to how stories are developed, how video is gathered and edited, the script-writing process, and how the program is built from an editorial and production perspective.
• Assist Associate Producers, Tape Editors, Assignment Editors, and Producers at all levels in New York.
• Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment. Must be flexible in terms of schedule.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward undergraduate and graduate students.
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
• Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.