Fall Paid Intern - CNN Newsgathering
This was removed by the employer on 6/25/2021 7:55:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Fall Paid Intern - CNN Newsgathering jobs in Remote-US
Search all Fall Paid Intern - CNN Newsgathering postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Fall Paid Intern - CNN Newsgathering?
Full Time Paid Internship
Location: United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Newsgathering Interns will learn how CNN plans stories and orchestrates live breaking news coverage and daily programming. Interns will shadow and assist coverage managers, assignment editors, beat leaders, producers, live producers, photojournalists and news assistants.
The tasks could include, but are not limited to:
• Intern duties include research, fact-checking, tapes logging, assistance with interviews and participation at press events.
• Interns should come away with sharper editorial and writing skills, exposure to leading technology and increased knowledge of the U.S. government and political system.
• Hours will be flexible and may include weekends.
In order to facilitate the learning experience, the following qualifications are preferred:
• Broadcast Journalism, Media or Communications major
• Strong current events knowledge and interest in news and politics
• Knowledge of CNN news platforms (network shows, website) is helpful.
• Candidates should also be motivated, detail-oriented multi-taskers who function well under deadline pressures.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward undergraduate and a graduate students.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.