External Development Manager
Full Time Job
Location: London, United Kingdom
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Rocksteady Studios is looking for an exceptionally talented External Development Manager who is ready for the challenge of producing a AAA title on the next generation platforms. This role will involve working with the Gameplay and Cinematic Animation teams to manage and maintain all of
our outsourcing in these areas.
• Be the point of contact and owner of the relationship with our external partners.
• Maintain and develop long-term workflows and processes that allow for efficient, flexibleand timely delivery of high numbers of high quality assets.
• Work with the internal teams to create template documents for outsourcing packs, ensuring the quality of all packs sent and received are to Rocksteady's high standards.
• Work with our outsource partners and production to establish a schedule and roadmap for the completion of assets to make sure project's dates are upheld.
• Setup internal team reviews and support the distribution of feedback to our outsource partners within a defined sign off process.
• Work proactively to manage the logistical side of complex projects with multiple dependencies.
• Maintain healthy relationships with outsourcing partners and work with them to implement high standards (technical and aesthetical) efficiently.
• Work with the Senior Producers and Studio Management to balance quality, time and costs while maintaining the studios incredibly high standards.
• Pro-actively identify and resolve risks to both the project and outsource pipeline and ensure that all security measures are in place.
• Work with the Animation Leads and Directors to create and assess the asset briefs required to ensure the quality of assets for the final product.
• Solid understanding of in-game animation pipelines
• Experienced understanding of Shotgun (Asset Management software).
• Knowledge of 3DS max and/or Maya is advantageous
• Knowledge of Motion Builder is advantageous
• Knowledge of the Unreal Engine or similar game engine/s is advantageous
• A good understanding of the Motion Capture process is advantageous, but not essential.
• An excellent understanding of the Office suite i.e. Excel, Word.
• Experience of managing Outsourcing in the games industry.
• Must have worked to coordinate outsourced material on multiple console titles and ideally this will have included animation and rigged assets.
• Strong communication and organisational skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of producing in-game animation assets.
• Knowledge of Agile project management and the different approaches to the scheduling of asset production.
• Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple requests from different people while working towards a deadline.
• Proven ability to work as part of a team.
• Be a keen gamer.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.